cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey CCS!!

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

CCS recently did a huge reduction on Public Mobile SIM cards. They dropped the price of $5.00 to $4.99!!

Wow. 

CCS....how about a real sale???

52 REPLIES 52

@LurganIeUk   Whatsapp needs a working telling phone (cell) to work.  So, I guess it is just a lazy way of saying Cell is that number .. and you can also reach them by Whatsapp..   

🙂

Just looking at the CCS web site.  Since this fellow is selling nationally, I would suggest that the hours/days of contact be "Monday - Saturday ~ 11 AM - 7PM Eastern Time" and to clarify the phone number. Can any one call that number from any phone or must they have a WhatsApp, APP? To be honest I don't know what the capabilities of what WhatsApp can do or how it works, so likely I would not even try to call the number (so silly of me not to at least try!) and for sure, if the APP needs to be used,  I would not get the APP to contact them as this would be a one only use on my side. CCS website needs to be clearly understood by every potential customer. For $6 a month he could have VOIP service for inbound calls only. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 9.09.34 AM.png

Thanks. 

@LurganIeUk 

Here's your sale....25% off. $4

Screenshot_20210624-000757~2.png

More unexplainable and irrational pricing at CCS!!!! Back to $4.99. 

CCS needs to have a sale for 5 for price of 4 or something!!!

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 9.37.20 AM.png

Check the ebay ad too. Had 10,000 cards to start with. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 9.43.39 AM.png

@LurganIeUk 

I suspect the price went up so the sale of a sim card isn't a total loss given their new $5 referral code program.

Looks like it's time to bulk buy and do a split?

CCS is now $5.99 plus tax, free shipping. 

Budget is $4.50 plus tax, plus shipping. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 6.57.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-19 at 6.57.59 PM.png

I guess it is harder than I thought on how to predict when CCS will have a sale. I have almost used up all my cards from which they get a fee from PM I understand. I need more CCS!! How about a sale?? 

And CCS:  Once we are a customer of PM we need you for SIM cards....but you keep sending emails for package deals......it's like flogging a dead horse......

@thompsonpaul 

Other than bf factor....

CCS kept having sim card sales....$3.99 then $2.99 then as low as $1.99! I had to pull myself together and go cold turkey and not even look at their emails for awhile..... At one point I had around 23 or so plus a few other providers because they were selling them for $0.25 and a few for as little as  $0.10. (I mean the stamp cost more!) I also picked up a freedom sim card for $3.99 just in case I need to help someone edit their APN when they have one of those foreign phones like the Umidigi X.

For while there was a troubling simjacking issue until pm disabled the change sim card feature in our self serve accounts so having an extra sim card on hand was a quick way of regaining control of your phone number and service.

Sim cards can easily be misplaced or lost, damaged or begin to wear out.....but referrals are the main reason or helping out a fellow customer in a pinch in your local community. If you have a few extras on hand and there is no local retailer and its only a replacement sim card or your neighbour is using their family members referral code for their activation there's nothing wrong with charging them the msrp. Especially if time is of the essence because of an expiring flash sale promotion, a last minute port out from pre-paid provider or complete loss of mobile service requiring immediate sim replacement.

And save the tri-cut sized sim card frames to use as adapters when switching a sim card between phones that take smaller or larger sim card sizes. ( Regular, micro or nano.)

Edit: There is a maximum of 110 referrals allowed per account. Activate a second account if you start to get a lot of referrals....remember you will also build $5 worth of loyalty rewards if you stick around.

@thompsonpaul 

“Virtually” no limit to referral $1 bonuses. I say Virtually because I think someone said the number stops increasing on your Friend Referral line when you exceed 120 or something like that. Until then, go for it!

I always keep a few SIM cards around for Referral reasons, if someone is “interested” AND you have a SIM on hand they can complete the change to PM that day rather than giving them more time to “think about it” and ultimately come up with a bunch of reasons why they shouldn’t change to PM.

AE_Colletor

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thompsonpaul wrote:

Are you aware if there is a limit to the number of referral bonuses we can earn?

Something in the neighbourhood of 120 +- mmmmm I'm gonna say 10...leaning towards -

thompsonpaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dang - I'm usually better at getting those inside jokes. Guess I just haven't been an insider long enough 😎

Having a spare or two for making it easier for potential switchers to convert does make sense - especially since we can't buy them anywhere in town so would add the extra friction of waiting til they're going into Ottawa, or having to wait to get one shipped.

Might just grab a couple of $4.99 ones from CCS for that purpose, now that you mention it.

Are you aware if there is a limit to the number of referral bonuses we can earn?

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous ... yes, I know, I was subtly excluding the "referral" option you mentioned in lieu of the first option you suggested!  Sometimes, if we want to keep alive, it's best not to know! 😂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB : The question was asked why have a stock of SIM's on hand.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You are all TOO FUNNY!!! 😂

@Anonymous 

...but referrals don't need SIM swaps, they just need a new SIM to activate! 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thompsonpaul : My joke is that the bf is a gangster and when the heat's on him he ditches his burner phone in the drink.

That and referrals. How handy to happen to chat with someone about their cell service and you sell them on this place and you whip out your handy dandy spare SIM and walk them through it all.

thompsonpaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious I'm curious what you & other folks stock up on SIMs for? Why would you need to do two SIM swaps in a week?

As someone new to Public, wanna be prepared if there's a reason to potentially need a spare SIM in an emergency situation (since I can't buy 'em here in my small town).

@LurganIeUk 

Like any good shopper I stockpiled when they were on sale....good thing too! I've done two sim swaps in as many weeks for the bf. I'm glad I got them cheap or I would be way more peeved...😉

I know there is a lot of Covid gouging.  Maybe???

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

CCS recently did a huge reduction on Public Mobile SIM cards. They dropped the price of $5.00 to $4.99!!

Wow. 

@LurganIeUk Hey, those pennies could be collector items now!

CCS used to have $2.99 SIM's on sale. I even grabbed one when they had the price at $1.99 before...that was back in October 2020.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Wow. 

That's AWESOME

Now I can get 500 of them at the old price of buying 499 of them!!!  🙄 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

I love Sale!!! LoL

Need Help? Let's chat.