cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey CCS!!

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

CCS recently did a huge reduction on Public Mobile SIM cards. They dropped the price of $5.00 to $4.99!!

Wow. 

CCS....how about a real sale???

52 REPLIES 52

I just deleted all my CCS bookmarks and will focus any new buys from Public Mobile at Amazon....$5 and next day delivery. 

Reasons:

CCS plays games with in stock, out of stock

CCS prices jump around like the price of gasoline  and you never know if you are getting a deal or being gouged.  

How can you say lowest price. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 12.22.45 PM.png

When you can buy for less??

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 12.23.41 PM.png

Short lived sale!!! Back to Amazon!!!

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 9.30.38 AM.png

Much better service then the 3  weeks or 4 weeks delivery time..

So yesterday I ordered a few SIM cards from Amazon "sold by Public Mobile". I ordered around noon and they just arrived. Now that is fast!! They are of the old style, all with jackets. Makes sense to move the old ones on Amazon and send new ones out from the PM WebSite. 

Here we go again!!! Out of stock which I think is not true and then drops price. Yo yo, yo yo.

Hey CCS. don't you realize selling at $3 or $4 then $5, $6 and $7. The customers that bought at the higher price feel gouged (ripped off). That does not attract repeat business. Have fair price and one price. Right now you are only clearing $3 with free delivery.  

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 9.11.54 PM.png

@softech wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

So what I am getting at....we should recommend Amazon sim cards for $5 that are "Sold Buy" Public Mobile. 😀😀

Yes, while everyone else is promoting  CCS, i have been recommending  Amazon.  Of course the fine print with my recommendation is  ...if you have Prime membership..

Or if you buy $35 which I did....so is free and no membership. I do find Amazon annoying with their games of free delivery "if" you try amazon prime or music or tv. I don't buy that much from Amazon but this worked out for me. And I agree for others a membership or a friend with a member ship. I think Amazon will be my recommendation, if I do.  

.. and to be fair, the price might not stay at $5 all the time.  There was a month it was $5 earlier this year ( it might not be sold by Public Mobile back then), then it gone up to $8 or $9, then just last 2 or 3 week it's back to $5 again

SIM cards...Gas....prices, I don't now how it's justified. But "some" of us sit back and do nothing. I find alternatives if I can. ie. Gas Buddy has saved me many $'s. I get to choose from Silverdale/Mission, Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows or Port Coquitlam. And if you can work in a  few stops, it can be worthwhile.  

@LurganIeUk wrote:

So what I am getting at....we should recommend Amazon sim cards for $5 that are "Sold Buy" Public Mobile. 😀😀

Yes, while everyone else is promoting  CCS, i have been recommending  Amazon.  Of course the fine print with my recommendation is  ...if you have Prime membership..

.. and to be fair, the price might not stay at $5 all the time.  There was a month it was $5 earlier this year ( it might not be sold by Public Mobile back then), then it gone up to $8 or $9, then just last 2 or 3 week it's back to $5 again

Also let's assume that the courier issues are over and PM can get back to a decent ship time. 

I wanted 1 more SIM and I contacted them by Telus Chat and the current deal is 2 for $10 and would assume BOTH PST and GST plus $1.30 for shipping which is reasonable. 

Today I had to buy some other items on Amazon and find the SIM card I need from Public Mobile as the seller and fulfilled by Amazon for $5 plus PST and GST and FREE delivery because I was over $35. Nice!!

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 10.06.18 AM.png

I just did a check this morning to buy a Public Mobile SIM card. 

Still CCS Yo-Yo...stock levels are there but no "sim cards only", Sold Out it says. So why are cards only still for sale on Amazon???

And is charging $3 extra to cover the Amazon fees!

From the CCS site...it works good, lots of confirmations, and shipping is decent for Canada Post. Nice!! But not good at playing with price changes and in stock, out of stock games. 

But in the "old days" when you bought say in BC and had items shipped to AB you could avoid the BC PST. And CCS still does this.  But my understanding is that BC is demanding PST for shipments from other provinces to BC. So once again CCS is good as you save 7% on taxes.  

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 9.58.38 AM.png

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@softech wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I can always buy on Amazon for $5 and free delivery and PM has 2 for $10 right now. 

PM really should fix the delivery delay.. It was handy to blame Postal delay due to pandemic.. but 3 weeks? really?   I got all my mail sent within Canada within a week or max 2 .. there is really no excuse for 3 weeks to 4 weeks delivery time.

"IF" that is what PM has really said...the Post System is the cause...that is absolutely NOT true. I can mail to Ontario and the Maritimes and only takes 5 days.  So "if" this what they are saying, they should be blaming their distributor....and who is the distributor? Them, third party or??

I don't see where PM has said that though. Have you? Or are stories being made up, unjustly?

There was a time, paritcularly around last April 2000 and in January 2021 that 3 weeks was about right. How do I know?  I sent and receive a few things that had tracking and they would vansih for about that amount fo time before the tracking got updated again. 

I was talking about this post:

softech_0-1625710441844.png

@softech wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I can always buy on Amazon for $5 and free delivery and PM has 2 for $10 right now. 

PM really should fix the delivery delay.. It was handy to blame Postal delay due to pandemic.. but 3 weeks? really?   I got all my mail sent within Canada within a week or max 2 .. there is really no excuse for 3 weeks to 4 weeks delivery time.

"IF" that is what PM has really said...the Post System is the cause...that is absolutely NOT true. I can mail to Ontario and the Maritimes and only takes 5 days.  So "if" this what they are saying, they should be blaming their distributor....and who is the distributor? Them, third party or??

I don't see where PM has said that though. Have you? Or are stories being made up, unjustly?

@LurganIeUk wrote:

OH my!!! Out of Stock and price back to $10.00 which is the norm for out of stock. I just have very un easy feelings that this guy plays games as last week he had 9,000 and change available on eBay. And I have a hunch he might only be selling 20-50 a week at the highest. 

So no more activations with a free card?? Oh oh....YES!!!  all plans come with a free SIM and not saying sold out!!!!

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 6.35.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 6.44.12 PM.png

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Be careful what you wish for.......granting it may not be exactly what you had in mind?!!

@LurganIeUk 

Be careful what you wish for.......granting it may not be exactly what you had in mind?!!

Back to $4.99

lol....I meant lower than $4 another 1 cent reduction is not your best possible price. 

I still think that CCS should be a lower price than $5. 

See here. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 8.54.16 PM.png

CCS has the potential but doesn't take the best steps, all around. 

His site is full of pop ups. Then when you get close to see that you want then another pop up for signing up for emails.  His emails are too often and always for a package deal for PM. Totally focused on the packages, but let's face it once you are with PM you will find "those" emails annoying and unsubscribe. But he could focus on other items he has for sale or has "on sale". 

edit: OR more than one item for sale or on sale. 

@LurganIeUk 

I agree the Whatsapp thing is confusing....but i think its just means thats an option for communication. I thought they only communicated thru Whatsapp and then they just texted back and forth with me. But don't be too hard on them....they are no worse than pm and their poor wording in advertising.

.. Amazon is still selling for one cent more .. $5.

Back to $4.99. ☹️😩

I didn’t get to buy one on sale. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk : I'd be with you if it said Call via WhatsApp or Call using WhatsApp. But the slash implies either. It might not be...but it's implied. And Call implies normal phone calling. So I tried it.

This guy has huge written communication issues!  Thus the meaning of a / or 07...means what? To much to assume with this web site. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk : I agree with the hours and what the heck is 07PM. But the number line does say Call/WhatsApp. So I tried it. Someone answered (oddly without saying their business name). It was them.

Looks like a mix of standard time and 2400 time. Is messy for sure. So like I said above why bother saying it is WhatsApp and secondly is very poor that the greeting did not include at least the company name. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : I'd be with you if it said Call via WhatsApp or Call using WhatsApp. But the slash implies either. It might not be...but it's implied. And Call implies normal phone calling. So I tried it.

i also find it there are too many ways to get connected these days.. LoL

@softech wrote:

@LurganIeUk   Whatsapp needs a working telling phone (cell) to work.  So, I guess it is just a lazy way of saying Cell is that number .. and you can also reach them by Whatsapp..   

🙂

Thanks....that is my point.....then why bother saying it is a WhatsApp number.  More confusing junk information. That means I could call from Fongo too then. Some times too much information is a detriment. 

@Anonymous  Whatapp only take cell line.. i guess you are calling the owner himself/herself.. you should ask them if they have better deals soon  🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : I agree with the hours and what the heck is 07PM. But the number line does say Call/WhatsApp. So I tried it. Someone answered (oddly without saying their business name). It was them.

Need Help? Let's chat.