cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please! Sin card lost

Lina027
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys, 

Please someone could guide me. I brought my sin card yesterday but I lost my cellphone before create my account here in the public mobile website . It is possible cancel the number?

5 REPLIES 5

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lina027 wrote:

Hey guys, 

Please someone could guide me. I brought my sin card yesterday but I lost my cellphone before create my account here in the public mobile website . It is possible cancel the number?

A few questions before we could guide:

1. Did you activate the SIM card yet?
  2. Do you have the SIM with your or is it lost with the phone?
  3. 3. Are you porting you number from another service provider?

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You probably want to freeze your account ASAP, but if you have data on your phone you might be able to use the Apple or Android Find my Phone feature  just in case you left your phone somewhere nearby. 

hope you find ur phone.....

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lina027  If you activated your sim at the store and lost your phone before registering for selfserve then your only option is to contact Public Mobile for help  To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

You should also try calling your number in the hope that  maybe the person that found your phone will answer and return it  Depending on the phone and if you had location services turned on you might be able to locate it using your browser.

Saffire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you activate the sim card?
If no then there's no need to cancel anything.
If yes then you would already have an account set up with PM so you can go in there.
If you're looking to cancel the number that was linked to the phone you lost and it's not with PM then you need to cancel with whomever your provider is for that phone.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lina027 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  We are all customers on this forum like yourself. Did you activate your SIM card/number?  

If you had access to your self service account, you could report your phone lost and stolen yourself, but you don't have access. 

Then you will need to contact moderator to report your phone stolen.  Expect 1-2 day response.

Send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(include all relevant information, including your phone number, etc.)

Need Help? Let's chat.