Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Experience At Walmart

jejenkyns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Halifax, NS, Canada.

Well done.

Was cautioned about lack of phone/kiosk support. Give them a better line.

11 REPLIES 11

jejenkyns

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@jejenkyns wrote:

Halifax, NS, Canada.

Well done.

That is the standard answer they always give to try and have you activate with someone else.  Remember the Walmart people are actually a third party within Walmart and neither are actual reps of Public Mobile.

I didn't feel pushed away from PM at all. I felt she just wanted to make sure I understood what made PM unique int he market, ie. no phones, non traditional support etc.

She was quite helpful and prompted questions I had not thought of during my research. Thumbs up. 

jejenkyns

@dna2016 wrote:

@jejenkyns, thanks for sharing your post, great to see that people are having great experiences at some of the retail locations.  As what @ShawnC13 mentioned, these kiosks are 3rd party and not PM representatives, so they'll have very little to no incentive at all to make the experience good.  Vut there are the few out there that realize if they keep things simple and make the transaction flow as it should, then there'll be less headaches for everyone.

Agreed. Seems simple enough to me. The incentive should be make the customer happy. In my case I went in and asked specifically to sign up PM. I understand why she made sure I realized the differences between PM and more traditional carriers. My experience as customer should be paramount and as the customer my interest was in PM, I felt that was respected and the sales person was very kind and helpful. I'm sorry to hear others are not having the same experience.

@dna2016 wrote:

@will13am I think that's a great idea.  This will at least give customers and potential customers the heads up as to great locations.  Kind of like saying the "preferred activation shops".  I'm sure with a positive thread like this the retail location can benefit from it.  This will help increase traffic to their locations and once the customer is their, the customer may end up purchasing additional items which then directly benefits the store/kiosk (i.e. accessories, etc.).

@will13am you should get that thread started Smiley Very Happy

Challenge accepted, if only customers will comply and populate the thread.  I have to think of a way to do it that maximizes visibility.  If it is like a regular thread, it disappears pretty quickly. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cmatassa great to hear you've had a great experience that was seamless, effortless, and headacheless, lol.  Looks like you had a rep that was willing to provide great customer service and recommendations.  Entire activation process to my knowledge should be less than 10 minutes.  When I did it at home it was literally I think 3 or 4 screens in total.

dna2016

@will13am I think that's a great idea.  This will at least give customers and potential customers the heads up as to great locations.  Kind of like saying the "preferred activation shops".  I'm sure with a positive thread like this the retail location can benefit from it.  This will help increase traffic to their locations and once the customer is their, the customer may end up purchasing additional items which then directly benefits the store/kiosk (i.e. accessories, etc.).

@will13am you should get that thread started Smiley Very Happy

dna2016

@jejenkyns, thanks for sharing your post, great to see that people are having great experiences at some of the retail locations.  As what @ShawnC13 mentioned, these kiosks are 3rd party and not PM representatives, so they'll have very little to no incentive at all to make the experience good.  Vut there are the few out there that realize if they keep things simple and make the transaction flow as it should, then there'll be less headaches for everyone.

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My experience at the Walmart in Orleans, Ottawa, Canada was fantastic when I signed up.  The employee was very knowledgable and made the sign up and activation process very efficient and painless. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jejenkyns, great to hear, thanks for sharing your experiences.  Given that the retail partners are all over the map with support, it might be useful if we had an ongoing thread for each retail brand where users can comment.  This will keep the discussion in one place instead of the personal thread approach which is too fragmented. 

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

good job!

I have activated 2 phones at stone road - walmart of Guelph.

It was great service.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jejenkyns wrote:

Halifax, NS, Canada.

Well done.

That is the standard answer they always give to try and have you activate with someone else.  Remember the Walmart people are actually a third party within Walmart and neither are actual reps of Public Mobile.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for sharing the experience you had at Walmart. 

Need Help? Let's chat.