cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTA Superstore

bubble
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I visited the Superstore nearby to buy a sim card at the Mobile Shop kiosk. I didn't want to wait for an online order since the billing cycle for my previous provider was ending this week and I didn't want to be charged for another month. The process was straightforward. After the sale was completed, he did ask about my previous plan and which plan I was looking to get at PM. He mentioned Koodo sometimes gives upgrade offers to PM customers. Overall, a pleasant and efficient experience.

Sidenote, the activation process only took a few minutes at home 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bubble wrote:

@popping Just about to add in a referral code!

The rep didn't mention the points offer.

You can ask the rep next time you shop at your Superstore.

They will give you 1000 PCO points just for discussing your mobile need. 

BTW, you can stop by every 3 months to get 1000 PCO points.

The rep will take down your name and email address + your PCO card to add points to your account.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bubble wrote:

@mm80 The employee stated that it would be $10 and I would have to activate it by myself. That was my plan anyways since I consider myself tech savvy 🙂

Surprised that the employee didn't want the commission. That could be COVID-19 related to minimize amount of time with a person, but they do activations for other carriers too, so I'm not sure.. 

bubble

@popping Just about to add in a referral code!

The rep didn't mention the points offer.

@bubble  $10 if you entered a referral code during the activation there is a spot to enter the code. Without one zero. Did you put on in?

bubble

@mm80 The employee stated that it would be $10 and I would have to activate it by myself. That was my plan anyways since I consider myself tech savvy 🙂

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bubble wrote:

I visited the Superstore nearby to buy a sim card at the Mobile Shop kiosk. I didn't want to wait for an online order since the billing cycle for my previous provider was ending this week and I didn't want to be charged for another month. The process was straightforward. After the sale was completed, he did ask about my previous plan and which plan I was looking to get at PM. He mentioned Koodo sometimes gives upgrade offers to PM customers. Overall, a pleasant and efficient experience.

Sidenote, the activation process only took a few minutes at home 🙂

As you were already there, did you ask if the SIM price would be different if you activated there? Some stores give SIM free if you let the employee activate your account.  If activating at home was your preference, that's cool. Just saying that sometimes, you can save money by activating in-store.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂 Glad you had a great signup experience. If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus the credit will be applied to your account within 72 hours.

Enjoy the savings!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to PM and enjoy your saving.

Did you activate your plan with a refer-a-friend code to get $10 credit to offset your SIM card cost?

Was The Mobile Shop rep give you 1000 PCO points for just for visiting to discuss your mobile need?

Need Help? Let's chat.