cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with lack of places to buy sim cards in Montreal

MizC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

So I understand that things are just opening up around the city. 

I went to 3 places, 2 listed as places where you can go for Public Mobile

The Cathedral on St Catherine's - usual kiosk was closed.

Koodo in Eatons Centre - did not have Public Mobile sim cards in stock at this time

TELUS / Koodo 3027 Notre-Dame St W - have a stand sorta for Public but sims not in stock at this time.

I have been without my phone due to needing a new sim card for my new phone for a week now. I traveled around the down town with no luck.

Can these places please be stocked with sim cards. I ordered online last Tuesday in case this happened - still waiting for the card to show up.

If these stores had some in stock at all times, this could have been solved in a day or 2.

Just wanted to grumble as I think this needs to be fixed.

Miz C

12 REPLIES 12

@MizC 

Montreal is lacking in retail shops selling public mobile sim cards despite having more pm kiosks per capita than anywhere else in canada (or maybe because of....) They are available at Wal-Mart. The mobile shop, wow mobile, koodo/telus, best buy (except when it comes to pm sims at $11.33/$16.99) Its best to buy them elsewhere like CCS delivered in 7 days by canada post ranging from $2.99 to $3.99 on average. They are also available at 110GSM a smaller cell phone repair shop (also crescent GSM, square mobile GSM, mobile GSM etc....)

I guess were lucky in the GVRD....i have 3 places within 3 blocks that sell both sim cards and vouchers and 8 within 10 blocks plus 3 larger retailers that sell one or the other......but i still order them from CCS because you cant beat that price!

@yumyum wrote:

You can get the a public mobile SIM card at London drugs

@yumyum There are no London Drugs locations in Montreal.

Sn00py

🙂 No WalMart there? I got mine at a local WalMart

yumyum

You can get the a public mobile SIM card at London drugs

Lee63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you have a Superstore...got mine there

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Check eBay for 99 cents including the SIM card, Craigslist for free cards, or Canadian Cellular for $3.33. 

@kelvarnsen 

Sorry I have edited my post a bit. I always try to answer a question for all that are reading regardless of what province. As it may assist someone else that comes across the post and not just the OP.

I've added London Drugs (for provinces that have it)

London Drugs is BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba I believe.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jb456 Are there actually London Drugs in Quebec. I have never seen any in Ontario or even Gatineau. I grew up in BC and one of the stores I miss living in Central Canada is LD.

MizC

Thank you and all for the tips.

I am pretty far from Mississauga, in Quebec 🙂

I don't have a car so Walmart is pretty hard to get to.

I did check the links that are on the site for places to go downtown but none of them had the sim cards.

This is why I brought up the subject here, for us downtown car-less people, having places downtown Montreal would be great.

I did order online but it is the wait without a phone that is annoying, hopefully here tomorrow.

Thanks again all

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@MizC  not sure where you are in Montreal but I've picked some up at Walmart stores on the south shore no issues.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Try Walmart or London drugs.(London Drugs for provinces that have it)

You can buy online as well through PM I find it has been taking long that route. However Canadian Cell Supplies sells them cheaper for $3.33 currently with free shipping via Canada Post.

(For others reading) pickup in Mississauga area available if you're near there.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Need Help? Let's chat.