cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free (walmart sim) + $10 offer + $25 referral

Ibrahim795
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

is it possible to get a free sim from walmart + $10 offer + $25 referral bonus?

I’m really confused and would appreciate some clarification. 

18 REPLIES 18

@sandpublic wrote:

To get the $10 off for six months you need to activate online.

No, this is not true.  $10 off for 2nd through 7th 30 day billing cycles is applicable to both online and in-store activations.

It's only the $25 referral credit that needs to be done online.  Otherwise, the in-store referral credit will only be a one time $10, and only for the the new activation.

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sandpublic wrote:

That's not true. "...customers who activate online or in-store at a participating retailers on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ pl...."

Just see my previous post for the two options Smiley Happy

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ibrahim795 wrote:

Hello,

@Ibrahim795 wrote:

Hello,

As everyone has already said, the $10 off each month for 6 months can be combined with the $25 referral credit.  However, that is for online activation only.  Also, as already stated, a a few people have gotten lucky and been given free sim cards are Walmart, but there are no guarantees, and the offfical price is $10.

If by "$10 offer", you are talking about the one-time $10 referral credit, that cannot be combined with the one-time $25 referral credit.

Note:  I have merge two different threads about the same topic.

@ooakosiryan wrote:

As you can see, Option 2 gets you personally more savings, and on top of that it also gives the person who referred you more. So even if Walmart is giving you a free SIM to activate in-store, you (and a friend) are better off if you just buy a SIM for $10 and activate it online at home.

May be @Ibrahim795 can get his friend to pay for the SIM 😉

ooakosiryan

I'll try to answer your question very directly, accepting the assumption in your question that you can get a free SIM from Walmart (I'll add the requirement that you only get the free SIM if you activate in-store, because that's what I've been hearing).

No, you can't get all 3 promos stacked (free SIM; $10 off for 6 months; $25 referral bonus) because the free SIM requires that you activate in-store while the $25 referral bonus requires that you activate online at home. But you can stack 2 of the 3 promos. Here are your two options:

• Option 1. Activate in-store and you'll get the following: free SIM, saving you $10 (if they're offering this); $10 off for 6 months (if a $30+ plan); $10 referral (if you enter a referral at the time of activation). In total, that's $80 savings.
  • Option 2. Buy a SIM for $10 and activate online at home and you'll get the following: $10 off for 6 months (if a $30+ plan); $25 referral; the person who referred you will get $25. For you, that's $85 worth of savings, plus the person who referred you will get $25. So that's $110 worth of savings between the two of you.

As you can see, Option 2 gets you personally more savings, and on top of that it also gives the person who referred you more. So even if Walmart is giving you a free SIM to activate in-store, you (and a friend) are better off if you just buy a SIM for $10 and activate it online at home.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The only guaranteed offers are those covered in the announcements.  Anything else is likely doubtful and have unspecified conditions. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ibrahim795 wrote:

Hello,

Someone had posted not long ago about their story getting a free SIM. This is not a Public Mobile thing. Sometimes they offer it but not currently. So the recent story was an in-store thing. Maybe to clinch the sale. So you MIGHT get a free SIM going into a Walmart. You can get the $10 per term for 6 terms offer from here if you get a plan of >= $30. The $25 refer a friend is only for online activations. And yes...don't believe the Walmart guy when he says you can do it "online" using the store wifi.

I think London Drugs out west sometimes has little in-store promos and again not coming from PM.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Ibrahim795 wrote:

Hello,

I have heard of Walmart offering a Free sim and saying that you can activate intheir store using a browser and doing it yoruself.  I would not believe this and you won't get your $25 for online activation.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The only deals currently available (that I'm aware of) for new activations are the $10 off per 30 days for 6 months on plans that are $30 or more. And, $25 credit for referrals - to both parties (existing PM customer and new one).

For the $25 credit, you must activate online - NOT at retailers like Walmart. So, make sure that if you purchase the SIM card at a retailer, do not activate there - go home and activate online.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The 25 refer is only if you do it yourself online. Do not believe the Walmart people if they tell you otherwise.  As for free sim not sure if Walmart has a promo or not. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Where did you see about the free sim card at walmart?

No sorry..that would be great!! The 10$ credit for the plan over 30$ per month and the 25$ for reference are stackable yes...Smiley Happy

On 30-day plans, $10 credits applied to account in months 1-6 and can be used in months 2-7. Customers who activate on 90-day plans will have $10 credits applied every 30 days. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash. First credit will be applied within 30 days. If a customer falls into suspend or inactive state during the promotion, they will no longer be eligible for the promotion.

Ibrahim795

Basically I want the $25 referral (as I have a someone who gave their phone number for a referral discount), the $10 off offer, and a free sim card from walmart. Is this all possible?

No @Ibrahim795 it's no promotion for the sim card free now...and usually you can't buy JUST the sim card with walmart electronic place...But you can have the 25$ with someone who refers youSmiley Wink

walmartwow

There are the different places where you can buy a sim card. You can locate them with google with your place!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ibrahim795 

And the free sim is a Walmart thing not officially Public Mobile. And it might not be guaranteed that you get it free.

If you know someone already with Public Mobile then if you activate yourself online then you both get $25 when you enter their number.

Murco

@Ibrahim795  Hi,  Its usally at the booth in the electronics area.

Ibrahim795

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on going to Walmart in Milton, ON to pickup my free sim. I wanted to know where exactly I would find the free sim? Is this at a booth or is it just sold by the cashier?

Will there be someone I can chat to in person about the plan?

Thanks in advance!

Need Help? Let's chat.