cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free SIM card at Walmart

cezary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I jsut signed up for public mobile after being with koodo for so many years but they screwd me over the last month because their self serve was not working for me and they couldn't fix it I went over my usage because of that and they wouldn't lower my bill. 

Anyways, today I went to walmart on elginton and warden ave and had amazing service from the staff there. They switched my account in less than 10min and I was give a FREE public mobile sim card which really suprised me. Such great service at a walmart. 

5 REPLIES 5

To my knowledge, the free sim card isn't at all Walmart locations as I do not know of any official promotion regarding this, whether beign annouced by Public or Walmart's mobile department.  So, it's quite possible to go to a different location and be required to pay for the sim card.  it's even possible that the same location that you went to will charge for a sim card if you go back for another activation, or for someone else to be asked to pay for sim, even if same employee is there (the free sim card could have been used to close the sale in your particular case). 

@cezary, yeah sorry you are correct for the $10!!!  Welcome to PM enjoy the savings

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

cezary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the tips. Yes I missed out on the referal as I don't know anyone with Public mobile but the $10 off I'm still getting according to the sales rep at wal mart. I also read a few days ago that this is in store and online wheras other ones were online only. 

I'm so glad I witched to Public mobile after such a bad month with koodo. 

Thanks. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@cezary wrote:

Hello, I jsut signed up for public mobile after being with koodo for so many years but they screwd me over the last month because their self serve was not working for me and they couldn't fix it I went over my usage because of that and they wouldn't lower my bill. 

Anyways, today I went to walmart on elginton and warden ave and had amazing service from the staff there. They switched my account in less than 10min and I was give a FREE public mobile sim card which really suprised me. Such great service at a walmart. 

Great to hear about a free SIM.  It is to bad you didn't visit the  the community first.  You could have gotten a referral for $25 credit plus if you activated online with a plan of $30 or more you could have gotten $10 off for six months

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to PM.  If you have any questions we are here to help.

Need Help? Let's chat.