cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Advertising at Retail Store (walmart)

Mapleman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

First off i love the concept of public mobile! The only problem i have had was in buying my plan initially at Walmart a couple weeks ago. I was comparing the 30 day plan vs the 90 day plan and it was cheeper in the long run to get the 90 day so i did it. The problem is that when picking my data option the associate said the 90 day data plan refreshed every 30 days throughout the 90 days. So in reality I bought 3GB LTE over 90 days but i thought it was 3GB LTE every 30 days for 90 days. The employee said it would operate like that but it apparently doesn't... Is there anyway this can be fixed?  I would have totally gone with the 12GB 3G plan IF i had known.

7 REPLIES 7

@slash407 wrote:

u gotta understand that the empoyee at WM doesnt really know truthfully, they just know the bare basics. You cant really ever take there word

As unfortunate as this is to be true it is not the way it should be. The salespeople are the consumers point of contact for the product, you should be able to depend on what they say. But as you, I have learnt over time to take most salespeople with caution, If something seems too good to be true then...get it in writing. 

@Mapleman

I can see where the 90 day plan seemed like a better deal due to its misrepresentation but if you compare the 90day, Canada Wide Talk, International Text & 12gb + 3gb (15gb) for $135 to the ready made $45 30 day plan which is 18gb & $135 for 90 days, I see the $45 plan to be a better deal as you actually get more data over the 90 day period. Depending on your data use pattern this may be worth considering and represent a plausible argument when stating your cause to the Moderators.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mapleman

Tough introduction to PM. If you did send a private message to the Moderator team asking to be upgraded, you should probably make a payment in advance (now) that will cover the cost for the increase. That will eliminate any messages back and forth because eventually you will need to add those funds and you will just get the proper plan quicker.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mapleman  in the meantime futuredate the plan change that you want incase you forget to do it.  

if you run out of data you can always do an immideate plan change to the plan you wanted.  you would forefit what was remaining but it is another option

Mapleman

Thank you very much for the info! I will follow the steps! fingers crossed it works out.

Mapleman

Thank you very much for your quck reply! This is very helpful!!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mapleman  the only thing you can do is plead your case to the moderators.  they are running on 3-4 day reply time.  also give all the details about your walmart experience.   plan changes are sometimes done within  a couple days. longer that that requires a good reason.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mapleman wrote:

First off i love the concept of public mobile! The only problem i have had was in buying my plan initially at Walmart a couple weeks ago. I was comparing the 30 day plan vs the 90 day plan and it was cheeper in the long run to get the 90 day so i did it. The problem is that when picking my data option the associate said the 90 day data plan refreshed every 30 days throughout the 90 days. So in reality I bought 3GB LTE over 90 days but i thought it was 3GB LTE every 30 days for 90 days. The employee said it would operate like that but it apparently doesn't... Is there anyway this can be fixed?  I would have totally gone with the 12GB 3G plan IF i had known.

You were mis-informed by the associate. Not Public Mobile (or Walmart).

I'm not sure that a couple weeks in whether the moderators would do you a solid.

But...add the difference in the total cost of the plan into your account and send the moderators a nicely worded request.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.