cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI Until September 15, 25000 extra PC Optimum points with $50 purchase or more @ Mobile Shop

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Commentary: 25000 points = $25 equivalent at Weston stores, so basically 50% off.

So one can get Public Mobile vouchers for existing plans, I think that's the most straight forward.

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 10.07.32 PM.png

30 REPLIES 30

@YVR wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Okay so 5 SIM cards for $50 are a possibility. I have everything in place except.... I didn’t receive the email. I don’t think I am set up to receive emails from the PC Financial MC so even though I may be in the category that would have received it... actually getting the points to reduce my SIMs to half price will be a gamble. 

Best $ I see on eBay including shipping in Canada is $7.75 Cdn. I ordered one to use an expiring $5 eBay credit and was only charged GST.

Terry

@AE_Collector 

Can confirm that points from PC financial were credited after purchasing from the mobile shop.  Points did not show on the receipt and did show in PC optimum as earned from PC financial.  

Thanks @AE_Collector  good to know an activation with voucher will accumulate optimum points. Of course it's a bonus for you....maybe pc MasterCard holders should hang out at the mobile shop with a trench coat offering free referral codes...lol...glad it all worked out for you...it was a risk.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

Okay so 5 SIM cards for $50 are a possibility. I have everything in place except.... I didn’t receive the email. I don’t think I am set up to receive emails from the PC Financial MC so even though I may be in the category that would have received it... actually getting the points to reduce my SIMs to half price will be a gamble. 

Best $ I see on eBay including shipping in Canada is $7.75 Cdn. I ordered one to use an expiring $5 eBay credit and was only charged GST.

Terry

@AE_Collector 

Can confirm that points from PC financial were credited after purchasing from the mobile shop.  Points did not show on the receipt and did show in PC optimum as earned from PC financial.  

Terry

Good to know...makes it a nice little promo if you are a pc MasterCard holder and optimum member. Maybe I know someone who I can help out too!

@AE_CollectorThe reason why activation came in to play is beause The Mobile Shop only sells vouchers only with an activation. If you want to buy just a coupon, they will ask you to go to the cashiers outside The Mobile Shop (which wont' have a Mobile Shop invoice). I was walking around taking a break from meetings and wasn't in the mood of arguing. One of my family members wanted to switch to Public Mobile, so I just bought it for her.

Thanks for finally finding the appropriate promotional offer. I had seen the offer somewhere maybe on my pc MasterCard account. Does sound like you can activate a pm account and get the points. Good luck to everyone who gives it a go.

YVR

@AE_Collector wrote:

@GinYVR 

So this 25,000 Optimum Points for spending $50 is only if it is related to a new account? Did anyone get that from the advertisement?

I was going to stop and see tomorrow.

Terry

@AE_Collector 

I do not believe this offer is for activations only.  I was told you could buy accessories like cases, cables or SIMs

YVR

Here is some more information I found about this promo

You are on this mailing list because you are a President’s Choice Financial Mastercard® cardholder and provided your email address to us. At any time you may unsubscribe.

This email was sent by President's Choice Bank, PO Box 4403, Station A, Toronto, ON, M5W 5Y4, or talktous@pcmastercard.pcfinancial.ca.

This email and offer are intended only for the original recipient and are not transferable. Please DO NOT REPLY to this email.

*Offer valid in-store only at The Mobile Shop from September 9 – 15, 2019. Earn 25,000 bonus PC Optimum points with a minimum $50 single purchase after any discounts; entire payment must be made on a valid PC Financial Mastercard® at time of purchase at The Mobile Shop. Excludes monthly service charges. Not valid on prior purchases. Limit one offer per qualifying transaction during the offer period. Bonus points are in addition to any other in-store bonus PC Optimum points offers available at The Mobile Shop during this promotion. PC Optimum points will be deducted for any returns. Offer subject to change. Allow 4-6 weeks for PC Optimum points to be awarded to your account.

@GinYVR 

So this 25,000 Optimum Points for spending $50 is only if it is related to a new account? Did anyone get that from the advertisement?

I was going to stop and see tomorrow.

Terry

@LovesToPMPhone into PC Financial and they said it will be added within 7 days, which is pretty normal for PC things. When they gave $99 back for travel it was the same thing.

@GinYVR wrote:

A quick update. You have to activate an account in order to purchase from The Mobile Shop. I shopped at a Loblaw's The Mobile Shop in TO today.. got a free SIM card (YMMV).. and a $50 load up for a family member.

The 25000 points are not added immediately (so it won't appear on the receipt).

Hope you will get the points!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

A quick update. You have to activate an account in order to purchase from The Mobile Shop. I shopped at a Loblaw's The Mobile Shop in TO today.. got a free SIM card (YMMV).. and a $50 load up for a family member.

The 25000 points are not added immediately (so it won't appear on the receipt).

@stonechucker wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I was just commenting to someone else today that most businesses don’t want phone calls anymore and seem to go out of their way to discourage it. Can’t find a phone number if your life depended on it and then when you finally do you land in a Voice Mail Maze that your lucky to get out of with time left over for dinner let alone actually getting a human on the other end! 

Terry

I’m pretty open about my vision issues, and that reading is somewhat of an issue in my life for various reasons.  I can still speak and hear without difficulty, and would much rather talk to someone, than sms or email, or internet search for written information.

I absolutely agree what takes 30 minutes of texting back and forth can be discussed in a one minute phone call. One phone call to my mom would take a full day of texting !

@AE_Collector wrote:

I was just commenting to someone else today that most businesses don’t want phone calls anymore and seem to go out of their way to discourage it. Can’t find a phone number if your life depended on it and then when you finally do you land in a Voice Mail Maze that your lucky to get out of with time left over for dinner let alone actually getting a human on the other end! 

Terry

I’m pretty open about my vision issues, and that reading is somewhat of an issue in my life for various reasons.  I can still speak and hear without difficulty, and would much rather talk to someone, than sms or email, or internet search for written information.

Terry

The ad clearly says with the PC MasterCard.  Bummer for me, I don’t have the credit card for various reasons.

As for the question about finding more info, why are people afraid to use their phones to call the local store?  Just because Public Mobile doesn’t offer customer support via telephone, doesn’t mean the rest of the world doesn’t. Oh boy... the world we live in today, nobody wants to talk anymore.

• So it sounds as though it may be open to anyone with a PC Mastercard. Of course one has to buy the product for $50 with no problem but may or may not get the 25,000 optimum points ($25).

Guess I will have to go into a store and see.

Thanks!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

Has anyone checked this out further? I have been wasting a lot of time online.

I cant find any mention of this offer by googling the Mobile Store or PC Financial Mastercard.  

I do see a Red Flag Deals mention of this offer but when I click on it I get “the Requested Thread does not exist”. 

So other than driving to one, here in Greater Vancouver I can’t find any 8nfo on whether this is available to anyone with a PC Mastercard. Next will be to see if 5 SIM cards at $50 total qualifies.

Terry

This is an email offer I received from my PC WE MC. OP's photo is from that email.

I don't think that this offer is from PCO.

I talked to my local TMS manager on Monday.  He told me about this promo.  You may call your local TMS mobilist to ask about this promo.

Has anyone checked this out further? I have been wasting a lot of time online.

I cant find any mention of this offer by googling the Mobile Store or PC Financial Mastercard.  

I do see a Red Flag Deals mention of this offer but when I click on it I get “the Requested Thread does not exist”. 

So other than driving to one, here in Greater Vancouver I can’t find any info on whether this is available to anyone with a PC Mastercard or is targeted to some group. Next will be to see if 5 SIM cards at $50 total qualifies or not.

Terry

YVR

@AE_Collector wrote:

@popping wrote:

You are right about GC and topup voucher.  But you can buy the PM SIM cards and have activation party with your friends and family.

That’s what I’m thinking....SIM Cards! Now to see if and where these stores are in BC?

Terry

There are usually found inside the Real Canadian Superstore in BC.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@GinYVR  Nice find and share!

Btw is this a targeted offer or available to everyone and for all provinces?

*When you use your pc MasterCard +1-3%in optimum points (10-30pts)

popping

@AE_Collector wrote:

@popping wrote:

You are right about GC and topup voucher.  But you can buy the PM SIM cards and have activation party with your friends and family.

That’s what I’m thinking....SIM Cards! Now to see if and where these stores are in BC?

Terry

https://www.themobileshop.ca/en/locations/

@popping wrote:

Terry

@popping wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

I was checking it out the other day...they don't seem to sell phones just bundled with plans. Unless I couldn't find the retail side online.....it is a good deal for other purchases.

TMS sells phone outright.  I purchase a Virgin prepaid Alcatel Go Flip for $50 for an older senior.

Good to know just hard to find them on their website...or maybe just me...lol.

You need a card at the same time,  only few days left.

popping

@darlicious wrote:

I was checking it out the other day...they don't seem to sell phones just bundled with plans. Unless I couldn't find the retail side online.....it is a good deal for other purchases.

TMS sells phone outright.  I purchase a Virgin prepaid Alcatel Go Flip for $50 for an older senior.

popping

@darlicious wrote:

Ahh thats a nice try...optimum points are not given on the purchase of gift cards and the like... I've already tried to figure that one out. But I've never purchased there so you never know...but I'm sure the cash system is already configured to recognize not to award on cards and vouchers. Just like Canadian tire.

@darlicious wrote:

Ahh thats a nice try...optimum points are not given on the purchase of gift cards and the like... I've already tried to figure that one out. But I've never purchased there so you never know...but I'm sure the cash system is already configured to recognize not to award on cards and vouchers. Just like Canadian tire.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@GinYVR  Nice find and share!

Btw is this a targeted offer or available to everyone and for all provinces?

Need Help? Let's chat.