cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Experience in Victoria BC

SolemnGoose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got a voucher at Shoppers Drug Mart (Uptown), a sim from London Drugs (Quadra), both nice and easy.

Activated at home, no problems (well, one error message and re-do, but that's not much of a problem).

So far so good so my very first cell phone (no seriously, and I'm way over 40).

Thank you to many community contributers, I read a lot here before getting started 🙂

17 REPLIES 17

SolemnGoose

"Except during the long, rainy, monochromatic Cascadian winter months"

...but that IS the good weather!

Now I'm moving to Port Hardy to get even more of it.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to Public Mobile. Victoria is a lovely city.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂.

If you used a referral code you'll get $19 credit into your account within 72 hours 

2 bravos for $19? When did this change?

There has been no change. It's a typo.

@Jb456 wrote:

If you used a referral code you'll get $19 credit into your account within 72 hours 

2 bravos for $19? When did this change?

panzerstorm

Except during the long, rainy, monochromatic Cascadian winter months Man LOL

@panzerstorm wrote:

Cool. I got my first mobile phone while living in Victoria, too. It was with Koodo, and I actually remained a Koodo customer until just last week. Now I'm saving a lot of money with a superior plan on Public Mobile, and have referred all my family members too. I hope the weather's nice back in Victoria!

Welcome to PM and saving $$. The weather is always nice in Victoria.

panzerstorm

Cool. I got my first mobile phone while living in Victoria, too. It was with Koodo, and I actually remained a Koodo customer until just last week. Now I'm saving a lot of money with a superior plan on Public Mobile, and have referred all my family members too. I hope the weather's nice back in Victoria!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@SolemnGoose wrote:

Got a voucher at Shoppers Drug Mart (Uptown), a sim from London Drugs (Quadra), both nice and easy.

Activated at home, no problems (well, one error message and re-do, but that's not much of a problem).

Thank you to many community contributers, I read a lot here before getting started 🙂

@SolemnGoose  glad to hear that it was a nice and simple process for you.  Thanks for taking the time to post a positive experience many don't!!  If you have any questions or need help with there area  few of us here from Victoria!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's good to know. Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

lorca01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@SolemnGoose wrote:

Awesome, welcome!

Ahem @CannonFodder  got to be especially ahem special to do that 🤔😎

@CannonFodder wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Welcome to PM @SolemnGoose . Our circuses chief attraction is @CannonFodder 😂

😜 Well, at least I don't keep asking people about their recent activity in "my account", like some folks.... *cough* @gblackma  *cough* around here! 😝  🤣 

@gblackma wrote:

😜 Well, at least I don't keep asking people about their recent activity in "my account", like some folks.... *cough* @gblackma  *cough* around here! 😝  🤣 

@CannonFodder wrote:

@SolemnGoose wrote:

Well, I'm older than that, and although I've used my wife's cell phone before, I've only had one myself, for about 9 months now. It just got to the point where the convenience was too attractive, AND having a cell plan was cheaper than our landline, so it was "ADIOS" to the landline.

That's what I did too, and it'd be nice if more PM newbies did the same. 👍

Anyway, welcome to the circus! 😉 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@SolemnGoose wrote:

Well, I'm older than that, and although I've used my wife's cell phone before, I've only had one myself, for about 9 months now. It just got to the point where the convenience was too attractive, AND having a cell plan was cheaper than our landline, so it was "ADIOS" to the landline.

That's what I did too, and it'd be nice if more PM newbies did the same. 👍

Anyway, welcome to the circus! 😉 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM !  The community forum is a valuable resource for information and support..

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SolemnGoose  Thanks for the update. Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.