cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the $10 Talk/Text Plan Qualify for the $25 Credit?

koko777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does the $10 Talk/Text Plan Qualify for the $25 Credit? If so, does the Walmart/London Drugs employee need to enter a special code/do an extra step or is it automatically applied in PM's system?

13 REPLIES 13

I completely understand this to be only a three choice plan, including each of the talk, sms, and data options.

If it were talk only, txt only, data only, or a pair of only 2 of the 3 features, it would say that.

If you’re getting the deal without all 3 choices, you’re getting a deal, which is not intended.

Ba

@Dunkman wrote:

@Ba wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

on the promotion page, it does say any talk, text and data plan.  Several  people have had success on the various public forum pages getting the $25 credit for $10 plan, but YMMV.  Even as recent as this weekend.  

I don't take any talk, text and data plan to mean any plan that has all three "talk, text and data" in it because if that was true, they would have said a talk, text and data plan instead of any because there are not too many such plans, are there? I understand that phrase to mean any plan, whether "talk only, text only, data only or any other combinations thereof", will suffice.

I agree with you, but Public Mobile has not been crediting some people and from online discussion boards, moderators have told 1-2 customers that they do not qualify for $25 credit because plan had no data.  

Really? Those customers should appeal, citing other cases to support their claim! I'm sure a bit of persistence will pay off in the end.

@Ba wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

on the promotion page, it does say any talk, text and data plan.  Several  people have had success on the various public forum pages getting the $25 credit for $10 plan, but YMMV.  Even as recent as this weekend.  

I don't take any talk, text and data plan to mean any plan that has all three "talk, text and data" in it because if that was true, they would have said a talk, text and data plan instead of any because there are not too many such plans, are there? I understand that phrase to mean any plan, whether "talk only, text only, data only or any other combinations thereof", will suffice.

I agree with you, but Public Mobile has not been crediting some people and from online discussion boards, moderators have told 1-2 customers that they do not qualify for $25 credit because plan had no data.  

Ba

@Dunkman wrote:

@koko777

You really do not have to mention anything.  WOW mobile is offering free SIM card, 2nd month free.  Public Mobile will credit your account the value of your plan.  For example, if you got the $10 plan, it will give you $10 credit within 72 hours.  If you get the $40 plan, it will give you $40 credit within 72 hours.  Still need to pay the first month + taxes....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@koko777 wrote:

@popping Which day did you sign up?

12 Aug 2018 at LD.

koko777

@popping Which day did you sign up?

koko777

@Dunkman

Could you explain the WOW mobile first month credit please and how it works/what I should say to the rep there? Thanks 😉

@koko777

If you want to play it safe, then you can go to WOW mobile and get first month promotion credit.  Only problem is that some WOW mobile locations do not seem to want to activate Public Mobile plans (? no commission).  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I activated a $10 plan at London Drug with $37 credit in my account.

- $25 activation credit

- $10 referral credit

- $2 autopay

Update: Activated on Aug 12, 2018

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The $10 plan does not qualify for the $25 credit as this credit reequires a talk/text/data plan. Some have reported getting the credit earlier in the promotion, but it seems that PM has since addressed this 'bug'. The earlier promo that ended on Aug 9, the $25 credit was for ANY 30 plan activation with a referral, and the person to did the referring also got $25. So I think that is where some on the confusion rests.

The employess at Walmart/London Drugs do not have much to do with the credit, if anything at all. PM knows who signed up in store (not sure how but it could be a variation on the main activation page) then PM runs an overnight procedure to caputure these activations and applies the credit accordingly. 

koko777

I wonder because what happens if the employee says "you must have data in the plan to qualify for the $25 credit" .... if they don't need to put in a code it wouldn't matter what they say since the system will give me the $25 credit anyways. 

But if the employee says I need data for a free SIM then they would have control of the situation since I'd have to pay for the SIM on the spot. 

Ba

@koko777 wrote:

Does the $10 Talk/Text Plan Qualify for the $25 Credit? If so, does the Walmart/London Drugs employee need to enter a special code/do an extra step or is it automatically applied in PM's system?

It will be automatically applied to your account by PM as long as your SIM is activated at the store. I guess the store employee must also have entered their code or their login is recognized by the PM system to determine it is activated at the store. Other members may be more familiar with the process.

Need Help? Let's chat.