cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Deceived at Walmart and by the website

@n_skinner wrote:

I was also assured by Walmart staff, selling and promoting the Public Mobile product that it was a 5 gb bonus added each month, similiar to the bonus' which are advertised within Public Mobile plans for the set up of autopay that continue month to month.  I questioned the staff about the details and they were confident stating this was a pop up weekend promo and a great deal.

As shown in previous screen shots.  I'm not sure why Public Moblile would promote in its main ad as '5 GB BONUS Data' and not word it for what they intended.  Probably should have read Bonus 5 GB add-on...if this is the case.  Instead, now you have newbies like me that will be jumping away the next deal that comes up...this just seems dirty!

@n_skinner  - Unfortunately the staff at many Walmart locations are not very knowledgeable.  They have often been known to give customers wrong information.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not too sure what to say here. It did clearly says "Bonus" for the 5 GIG which means it is a Bonus and not part of the regular data. If you were unsure enough to ask a not so knowledgeable clerk at WalMart, you might of simply just clicked on the ad and read the details to get a proper understanding. There you will see it states: 

5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

Bold added to draw your eye.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Petermussgnug ya that's very unfortunate, very sorry to hear that.  You're right PM needs to be much more explicit when mentioning it's a one-time offer.  I only noticed the mentioning of "one-time" in the forum post by @Alan_K .  That is very deceiving and PM should make sure to include the statement "one-time" much more clearly and if anything in small print right next to the 5GB.  Hopefully the MODS don't get a ton of angry messages because of this.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I left Koodo yesterday. They automatically sent me an email. In that email it said...

"Are you sure you’re ready to cancel? If you change your mind about this, schedule a convenient time for a rep to personally contact you at koodo.com/chat"

You may want to contact them and see if they'll give you your old plan back. I can't see why they wouldn't, even though they are all Telus.

Makes sense... they'll try for a Win-back and you can try to get more perks Smiley Tongue

@Saffire wrote:

I left Koodo yesterday. They automatically sent me an email. In that email it said...

"Are you sure you’re ready to cancel? If you change your mind about this, schedule a convenient time for a rep to personally contact you at koodo.com/chat"

You may want to contact them and see if they'll give you your old plan back. I can't see why they wouldn't, even though they are all Telus.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Petermussgnug

Unfortunate misunderstanding, for which you have to accept partial responsibility for not reading the details. But this doesn't have to be a disaster If you bought the $25 plan with data and registered for autopay, you still get 6gb of data for $23, instead of the $40 you were paying - - at least for the next 30 days.

Assuming you've already ported your number to PM, your next step might be to call Koodo and asked to have your plan reinstated. If you haven't porrted, just continue with Koodo as if this past weekend never happened. And if Koodo won't let you back, you can always get the PM 5gb plan for $38 with autopay. Not a whole lot worse than what you had and it's the same network with the same coverage.  

You should also know that once or twice every year Koodo runs promotions targeting PM customers in an effort to win them back. So ya never know. Good luck to you. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PM should be more specific with there details since there is no Customer service or physical locations to where customers can go in and ask specific questions... 'one time' could be interpreted as 'one time per month' ...it's not like they specified that once the data is used up that's it...its very vague...I signed up too and now have a bad taste in my mouth.

@Cg1cg3 wrote:

PM should be more specific with there details since there is no Customer service or physical locations to where customers can go in and ask specific questions... 'one time' could be interpreted as 'one time per month' ...it's not like they specified that once the data is used up that's it...its very vague...I signed up too and now have a bad taste in my mouth.

You must be kidding, 'one time' clearly mean 'one time' only.  I don't know anyone who would read it otherwise.  If it were to have been per cycle, it would have said per cycle.

@stonechucker wrote:

@Cg1cg3 wrote:

You must be kidding, 'one time' clearly mean 'one time' only.  I don't know anyone who would read it otherwise.  If it were to have been per cycle, it would have said per cycle.

Agreed here.. there was a major breakdown in communication from the sale proecss to explaining and signing the cariier agreement which should have been clear about the one-time offer.

I hope this is a one-off....

Hey @Petermussgnug,

Since this is a recent port-in, and if you consider moving back to Koodo, then you can definitely do so within 90 days since cancellation(port-out) without losing your previous rate plan. You may also stay with Public Mobile and consider the pros and cons (rewards, other flashsales aso).

Have a nice day Smiley Happy