cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Deceived at Walmart and by the website

I saw the ad for the flash sale of 5gb with a $25 activation $

I went to walmart and asked if it was one time to be sure before  I switched . They read it and said it wasnt  . so I ported from Koodo.  

I now see in the forum that its one time . Even the advertising on the site doesn't say it . See attached sceenshots. 

Now I've lost my koodo plan which gave me 6gb for $40 and can get it back

What a scam !

Need this fixed 

Screenshot_20190527-005931.png

Re: Deceived at Walmart and by the website

Screenshot_20190527-005947.png

Screen shot of what appears when you click on plan details for the first screen . No indication of one time

@Petermussgnug wrote:

I went to walmart and asked if it was one time to be sure before  I switched . They read it and said it wasnt  . so I ported from Koodo.  

I now see in the forum that its one time . Even the advertising on the site doesn't say it . See attached sceenshots. 

What a scam !

Need this fixed 

Both on the main Public Mobile webpage on-screen advertising and in the Community annoucement, it says one-time, although you did need to click on offer details to see that.

Mayor / Maire

Flash Weekend Sale
Get a one-time 5GB data Add-On when you activate online or in-store from May 25-26, 2019*
Oracle

@Petermussgnug 

You didn't click far enough.  Nor did the Walmart rep either.  There was another expandable link below that labeled "Offer Details".

PM5GBOneTimeDataBonus_26May2019.jpg

Mayor / Maire

@Petermussgnug wrote:

What a scam !

Need this fixed 

Screenshot_20190527-005931.png

It's not a scam just because you didn't read all the details of the offer. Sounds like you got some bad intel from the Walmart rep, so I'd think your beef would be with them.

You've already paid for it so you may as well have a look around and test drive the Public Mobile service...you might even decide to stay. Welcome aboard.

It is mentioned on website it is a one time bonus data. You should read the details.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Many people say I'm wasting my time when I read all the details and fine print.

It's there for a reason; one needs to read to full understand what one is getting into.

Sorry, but no one is going to be able to give you free 5 gb on a monthly basis for not reading the details of the agreement.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Some bad luck there, did you try to contact Koodo directly to see if they will take you back and reactivate your account?

I was also assured by Walmart staff, selling and promoting the Public Mobile product that it was a 5 gb bonus added each month, similiar to the bonus' which are advertised within Public Mobile plans for the set up of autopay that continue month to month.  I questioned the staff about the details and they were confident stating this was a pop up weekend promo and a great deal.

As shown in previous screen shots.  I'm not sure why Public Moblile would promote in its main ad as '5 GB BONUS Data' and not word it for what they intended.  Probably should have read Bonus 5 GB add-on...if this is the case.  Instead, now you have newbies like me that will be jumping away the next deal that comes up...this just seems dirty!