cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deceived at Walmart and by the website

Petermussgnug
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I saw the ad for the flash sale of 5gb with a $25 activation $

I went to walmart and asked if it was one time to be sure before  I switched . They read it and said it wasnt  . so I ported from Koodo.  

I now see in the forum that its one time . Even the advertising on the site doesn't say it . See attached sceenshots. 

Now I've lost my koodo plan which gave me 6gb for $40 and can get it back

What a scam !

Need this fixed 

Screenshot_20190527-005931.png

28 REPLIES 28

Bubbly100
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yea that sucks it was a One Time deal kind of thing, the good thing is it should not be too much more to get a plan with more data permanently! 

@franchesca wrote:

Wow 6gb data on a 25$ plan? You guys back east get way better deals than us in BC! 

There isn't any plan at Public Mobile that includes 6GB for $25.

franchesca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow 6gb data on a 25$ plan? You guys back east get way better deals than us in BC! 

Alex82

@n_skinner wrote:

I was also assured by Walmart staff, selling and promoting the Public Mobile product that it was a 5 gb bonus added each month, similiar to the bonus' which are advertised within Public Mobile plans for the set up of autopay that continue month to month.  I questioned the staff about the details and they were confident stating this was a pop up weekend promo and a great deal.

As shown in previous screen shots.  I'm not sure why Public Moblile would promote in its main ad as '5 GB BONUS Data' and not word it for what they intended.  Probably should have read Bonus 5 GB add-on...if this is the case.  Instead, now you have newbies like me that will be jumping away the next deal that comes up...this just seems dirty!

Never believe what Walmart Wireless says. In my opinion, there are just too many liars in their staff.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541, @stonechucker, @Oana_S 

Don't mind if I pipe in 🙂

My interpretation of Oana_S's post was talking about the Koodo side. All of that is up to them. I don't think this is the place to talk about Koodo and their practices. But I also have no problem with people talking about whatever 🙂

As you were...

@Oana_S wrote:

Hey @stonechucker,

Thank you for the intervention. By 90 days I meant exactly those 90 days allowed until account closure. And since the customer has barely ported, hence cancelled with Koodo during the weekend, when the promo was on, he can still port back. 

Have a nice day,

Oana 🙂

My understanding is tha the customer is upset that he/she has lost the Koodo plan and wants to go back to Koodo and stay there.

I think the concern that me and @stonechucker have here is that porting out from Koodo would have left no active service on the Koodo account if there was only one line there.  If Koodo is willing to allow that old postpaid account to still be used, would not porting back involve activating a new line/new service on that old account to port back? As such, would the customer not have to choose a brand new in-market plan?  Would Loyalty not have to then change the plan back for them to the old or would the customer be getting the old grandfather plan back be automatic?

Oana_S
Customer Support Agent

Hey @stonechucker,

Thank you for the intervention. By 90 days I meant exactly those 90 days allowed until account closure. And since the customer has barely ported, hence cancelled with Koodo during the weekend, when the promo was on, he can still port back. 

Have a nice day,

Oana 🙂

@Oana_S wrote:

Hey @Petermussgnug,

Since this is a recent port-in, and if you consider moving back to Koodo, then you can definitely do so within 90 days since cancellation(port-out) without losing your previous rate plan. You may also stay with Public Mobile and consider the pros and cons (rewards, other flashsales aso).

Have a nice day 🙂

@Oana_S, this is not true by the terms And conditions as I understand, and how any other operator of wireless service in Canaffda works.  If the number is not active, it can not be ported, and if it sits unpaid for 90-days expired, it officially goes back to the pool from where it came.

Why is a moderator spewing such false statements?  @Alan_K , would you care to respond?  @Dave_M ?

@Oana_S wrote:

Hey @Petermussgnug,

Since this is a recent port-in, and if you consider moving back to Koodo, then you can definitely do so within 90 days since cancellation(port-out) without losing your previous rate plan. You may also stay with Public Mobile and consider the pros and cons (rewards, other flashsales aso).

Have a nice day 🙂

I know that Koodo and other carriers do have loyalty and winback departments, but am I wondering if it's an abssolute that Koodo will give the customer the old plan back.  I always thought of the those things as case-by-case basis, and I know that some customers have more luck than others on those type of things. 

Oana_S
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Petermussgnug,

Have a nice day 🙂

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

@Cg1cg3 wrote:

PM should be more specific with there details since there is no Customer service or physical locations to where customers can go in and ask specific questions... 'one time' could be interpreted as 'one time per month' ...it's not like they specified that once the data is used up that's it...its very vague...I signed up too and now have a bad taste in my mouth.

You must be kidding, 'one time' clearly mean 'one time' only.  I don't know anyone who would read it otherwise.  If it were to have been per cycle, it would have said per cycle.

Agreed here.. there was a major breakdown in communication from the sale proecss to explaining and signing the cariier agreement which should have been clear about the one-time offer.

I hope this is a one-off....

@Cg1cg3 wrote:

PM should be more specific with there details since there is no Customer service or physical locations to where customers can go in and ask specific questions... 'one time' could be interpreted as 'one time per month' ...it's not like they specified that once the data is used up that's it...its very vague...I signed up too and now have a bad taste in my mouth.

You must be kidding, 'one time' clearly mean 'one time' only.  I don't know anyone who would read it otherwise.  If it were to have been per cycle, it would have said per cycle.

Cg1cg3

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Petermussgnug

Unfortunate misunderstanding, for which you have to accept partial responsibility for not reading the details. But this doesn't have to be a disaster If you bought the $25 plan with data and registered for autopay, you still get 6gb of data for $23, instead of the $40 you were paying - - at least for the next 30 days.

Assuming you've already ported your number to PM, your next step might be to call Koodo and asked to have your plan reinstated. If you haven't porrted, just continue with Koodo as if this past weekend never happened. And if Koodo won't let you back, you can always get the PM 5gb plan for $38 with autopay. Not a whole lot worse than what you had and it's the same network with the same coverage.  

You should also know that once or twice every year Koodo runs promotions targeting PM customers in an effort to win them back. So ya never know. Good luck to you. 

TheOldVR

Makes sense... they'll try for a Win-back and you can try to get more perks 😛

@Saffire wrote:

I left Koodo yesterday. They automatically sent me an email. In that email it said...

"Are you sure you’re ready to cancel? If you change your mind about this, schedule a convenient time for a rep to personally contact you at koodo.com/chat"

You may want to contact them and see if they'll give you your old plan back. I can't see why they wouldn't, even though they are all Telus.

Saffire

I left Koodo yesterday. They automatically sent me an email. In that email it said...

"Are you sure you’re ready to cancel? If you change your mind about this, schedule a convenient time for a rep to personally contact you at koodo.com/chat"

You may want to contact them and see if they'll give you your old plan back. I can't see why they wouldn't, even though they are all Telus.

dna2016

@Petermussgnug ya that's very unfortunate, very sorry to hear that.  You're right PM needs to be much more explicit when mentioning it's a one-time offer.  I only noticed the mentioning of "one-time" in the forum post by @Alan_K .  That is very deceiving and PM should make sure to include the statement "one-time" much more clearly and if anything in small print right next to the 5GB.  Hopefully the MODS don't get a ton of angry messages because of this.

SteveKincade

Not too sure what to say here. It did clearly says "Bonus" for the 5 GIG which means it is a Bonus and not part of the regular data. If you were unsure enough to ask a not so knowledgeable clerk at WalMart, you might of simply just clicked on the ad and read the details to get a proper understanding. There you will see it states: 

5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

Bold added to draw your eye.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@n_skinner wrote:

I was also assured by Walmart staff, selling and promoting the Public Mobile product that it was a 5 gb bonus added each month, similiar to the bonus' which are advertised within Public Mobile plans for the set up of autopay that continue month to month.  I questioned the staff about the details and they were confident stating this was a pop up weekend promo and a great deal.

As shown in previous screen shots.  I'm not sure why Public Moblile would promote in its main ad as '5 GB BONUS Data' and not word it for what they intended.  Probably should have read Bonus 5 GB add-on...if this is the case.  Instead, now you have newbies like me that will be jumping away the next deal that comes up...this just seems dirty!

@n_skinner  - Unfortunately the staff at many Walmart locations are not very knowledgeable.  They have often been known to give customers wrong information.

n_skinner

TheOldVR

Some bad luck there, did you try to contact Koodo directly to see if they will take you back and reactivate your account?

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Many people say I'm wasting my time when I read all the details and fine print.

It's there for a reason; one needs to read to full understand what one is getting into.

Sorry, but no one is going to be able to give you free 5 gb on a monthly basis for not reading the details of the agreement.

ouyangtracey

It is mentioned on website it is a one time bonus data. You should read the details.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Petermussgnug wrote:

I went to walmart and asked if it was one time to be sure before  I switched . They read it and said it wasnt  . so I ported from Koodo.  

I now see in the forum that its one time . Even the advertising on the site doesn't say it . See attached sceenshots. 

What a scam !

Need this fixed 

Screenshot_20190527-005931.png

It's not a scam just because you didn't read all the details of the offer. Sounds like you got some bad intel from the Walmart rep, so I'd think your beef would be with them.

You've already paid for it so you may as well have a look around and test drive the Public Mobile service...you might even decide to stay. Welcome aboard.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Petermussgnug 

You didn't click far enough.  Nor did the Walmart rep either.  There was another expandable link below that labeled "Offer Details".

PM5GBOneTimeDataBonus_26May2019.jpg

Flash Weekend Sale
Get a one-time 5GB data Add-On when you activate online or in-store from May 25-26, 2019*

@Petermussgnug wrote:

What a scam !

Need this fixed 

Both on the main Public Mobile webpage on-screen advertising and in the Community annoucement, it says one-time, although you did need to click on offer details to see that.

Petermussgnug

Screenshot_20190527-005947.png

Screen shot of what appears when you click on plan details for the first screen . No indication of one time

Need Help? Let's chat.