cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear PM and Koodo: great offer but tedious procedure!

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My husband received an offer this week from PM to switch to Koodo. It was very attractive and he took advantage of the perks, which included a lower monthly fee, a new phone and a nice bonus from both Koodo and Walmart for signing up. We were very happy. . .until the Walmart clerk began the application process. Then we waited, and waited and waited. 

The offer was for a $20 plan, which isn't even on the website or on the form that Walmart has on its site. We had to show the text offer multiple times and wait a very long time while Walmart contacted PM and Koodo to verify that the plan existed. We had to enter and renter our PM account number, etc. The clerk finally just entered one of the plans with the agreement that the rep on the other end of the phone would change it at her end. Once entered, the cost of the phone came up as $100 more than advertised, etc. Because it was such a good deal, we were willing to stand at Walmart for well over an hour waiting for someone from Koodo or PM (not sure which) to call back and verify that we could proceed and straighten out all the kinks. This was our first negative experience since joining PM in July. These kinks should be ironed out because some of the people I would refer to PM would not stick around that long waiting while those who should know what they're doing figure things out.

8 REPLIES 8

Rascal

We shall see what the future holds. I would likely migrate to upgrade my phone, but I haven't received any offers yet via text. I love PM so far, so until I find something better, I'm sticking around here. Smiley Wink

@Rascal wrote:

@will13am are you saying that our offer was not $20? It was with a $120 credit and a small tab. It offers unlimited Canada wide talk and international text with no data, a great deal for my husband, who doesn't really need data.

Sorry, I got the promos all mixed up.  The one you are referring to is different from the one I was thinking about.  Regardless, the issues you encountered are entirely due to uninformed agent. 

@Rascal wrote:

Then we received a $50 credit for being referred by a friend (and he received $50) and Walmart gave us a $225 giftcard. Plus the iPhone 6 was reduced by $120. We ended up with a free phone and a lower priced plan with a $170 credit for the next year. It was an awesome deal for us.

Sounds like a great deal!!  I moved my step-daughter over on one of the offers as well at the beginning of September, she joins her mom and sister and now just my son and I left here lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rascal

Then we received a $50 credit for being referred by a friend (and he received $50) and Walmart gave us a $225 giftcard. Plus the iPhone 6 was reduced by $120. We ended up with a free phone and a lower priced plan with a $170 credit for the next year. It was an awesome deal for us.

Rascal

@will13am are you saying that our offer was not $20? It was with a $120 credit and a small tab. It offers unlimited Canada wide talk and international text with no data, a great deal for my husband, who doesn't really need data.

@Rascal wrote:

It wasn't just the Walmart employees (two of them), but the person on the phone could not find the offer and insisted on having our text sent via email from Walmart (which their network would not allow), then from the clerk's personal email account, etc. It left us feeling as if we were trying to get away with something. It wasn't a good feeling. We had to verify and re-verify who we were, what our account number was and that the offer was legitimate.

I have done 3 migrations on my lines with PM to Koodo, I did them all online and all went very smoothly.  Now I did have to wait for the sim to arrive but it was a very smooth transaction and when the SIM did arrive the porting of the number was done within 2 minutes.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rascal

It wasn't just the Walmart employees (two of them), but the person on the phone could not find the offer and insisted on having our text sent via email from Walmart (which their network would not allow), then from the clerk's personal email account, etc. It left us feeling as if we were trying to get away with something. It wasn't a good feeling. We had to verify and re-verify who we were, what our account number was and that the offer was legitimate.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rascal, it sounds like to me you ran into a novice working the counter at Walmart.  They should be knowledgeable in what they are doing instead of having to call someone.  I did migrations back in February.  I went to a corporate owned Koodo store.  I was in and out within 5 minutes.  I left with a working line, new account all set up, no downstream surprises.  BTW, the plan is not $20.  It is $35 with $15 bill credit x 12 months. 

Need Help? Let's chat.