cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DONT GO TO WOW! in Masonville Mall London ON

Sabina13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to WOW today to sign up for PM because I saw an AD pop up while i was searching the internet for cheap phone plans, I was super excited when i found the 4GBs for $40. When I walked up to the desk to ask about PM and purchase a SIM card the sales associates laughed at the fact that I was even concidering PM and tried to talk me out of it right away. The told me not to sign up and tired to sign me up with Koodo saying that PM was a joke of a company (because there was no customer service )and they strongly recommended I didn't sign up, defeated I walked away and said I would walk the mall to think and look at other options, after about an hour I marched right back up to them and with a stern voice demanded that they sell me what I was originally looking for. The whole sales process was horrible! the staff laughed in my face while I entered my information on the PM website I  turned to them and explained that I didn't undestand what they found so funny as I the customer had done my research and this is what I wanted. I WILL NEVER AGAIN go to this location as the staff is horrible and not at all professional

13 REPLIES 13

@JelloConspiracy wrote:

WOW mobile is bad across the country.

Their reps won't sell you a Public Mobile SIM outright for $10 unless you subscribe to a plan with them. They want the commission. Even if you do subscribe, their salesmen lack any knowledge.

Stick with the big players: Walmart and London Drugs.

Walmart is already known, but now Wow-mobile? I think it is just that rep. You should talk to their supervisor and get him straightened. 

JelloConspiracy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

WOW mobile is bad across the country.

Their reps won't sell you a Public Mobile SIM outright for $10 unless you subscribe to a plan with them. They want the commission. Even if you do subscribe, their salesmen lack any knowledge.

Stick with the big players: Walmart and London Drugs.

johnny142
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This just happened to me today singing up at wow mobile. He said my phone would sound bad and that it be like talking through a potato’s because it’s old technology. He kept going on and on and I told him I did my research, I want the plan, let’s get it going. Than he did it. I’m assuming they get no or very little commission for doing this. 

Sometimes commission sales people are just the worstest (just my 2 cents)

@jp2 wrote:

@will13am you can only be sued if the claims you are making about the party are false. 

Whether the accusations are true or false is determined in the court of law if the plaintiff decides to proceed with a claim.  Personally, I have experienced negative feedback for providing negative feedback.  IMHO, my feedback was honest and without malicious intent.   

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am you can only be sued if the claims you are making about the party are false. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

Veering slightly off topic, we need to be a little careful with spewing the venom.  

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/06/15/bc-lawyer-kyla-lee-lawsuit-review_a_23460402/

The judgement was $1 and the defendant didn't even show up or make a defence. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Veering slightly off topic, we need to be a little careful with spewing the venom.  

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/06/15/bc-lawyer-kyla-lee-lawsuit-review_a_23460402/

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

From a co-worker i have heard that wow dropped their commission rate by 50%. He was very disappointed and looking to leave that work. This might be zone wide, i am not so sure. But if this was the case for all wow mobile boutiques, may be that is why they are so aggressive on you to earn more commission. 

@Sabina13, I am sorry you had to go through this.  I had a similar experience at a Walmart when they first went the retail route and I was already a customer just looking for a new sim they used all the same scare tactics except wanted me to go with Chatr.  I would agree with @will13am it is probably about the commission paid. I would send a quick message to the mods but I would definitely be going back and asking for a manager and if that isn't good enough go district manager.  I don't care what you are buying no one should be treated as it sounds like you were.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jp2

Welcome to public mobile!

Please send a private message to mods explaining your experience in case they don't read this thread. Hopefully they will do something about it.

@CS_Agent PM needs to get a handle on all of these sales people at all locations and make sure they are properly educated and trained about the pro and cons of the company. We are regularly seeing customers unhappy with the service at different locations 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I wonder if the feedback was motivated by greed.  The agent may be shilling the plans that brought the most commission.  When something like this happens, I seek out the boss.  Everybody has a boss.  Eventually someone up the food chain will have a sympathetic ear.  I have had some wonderful conversations with senior managers in customer service over the years.  

LEGO

That is horrible! Sorry you had to go through this! Woman Sad

Need Help? Let's chat.