cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Cannot Activate SIM - number not working

Good to hear that you already messaged the moderators.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait for them to get back to you.

The wait time can be up to 48+ hours, but sometimes you'll hear back from them even sooner and get your issue resolved.

I really hope they can get to you soon.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks, yeah, this is a bad start to my relationship with Public Mobile. Might take my business elsewhere.

Cheers

It can take up to 72 hours for moderators to respond when it is busy. 

It is possible your SIM card got burnt after the first failure. I had a failed activation at Walmart and then the SIM would not work, I had to get a new SIM. If you have a Walmart close, I would take it in and have them activate it as they usually provide the SIM for free when they o the activation.

Sorry to hear about that @MattWawz

Yes it can be a discouraging experience. 

I had two accounts moved over from Rogers. One went smoothly and the second one required Moderator intervention. However, the issue was resolved and I am glad to be able to save on my monthly cellular phone bill each month. I haven't had to make any pressing changes to my account. It's good to take a good look around to see what kind of issues could crop up since you are already registered on the forum. You can also see that some issues that get resolved.

It's really your decision in the end. The cheaper cost does have a tradeoff in some areas.

There is one thread about a failed activation as well.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activation-Failed/td-p/246243

Oracle

@MattWawz Don't despare too much. I've had 4 glitch free years. But it's always best to BE PREPARED when changing carriers.

Hang in there.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the help all.

My problem is resolved; here's what happened.

When I initially attempted to register the sim, there was an error displayed, and I was not able to log into my account, but trying to re-register the sim did not work either.

My suspicion is that the number I was porting over had not been released yet and it caused an error. Several days later I tried inserting the sim into my phone and it worked, and my account login was working.

My guess is that my account was stuck and someone came along and un-stuck it, or that it cleared itself. Either way, the issue's resolved.

Thanks to everyone who replied on here. Much appreciated.