Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my cellphone on Friday, I need to know the following:

1. How do I cancel the service

2. I need a new SIM card, and also need to keep the same phone number

Julley 

5 REPLIES 5

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@julley. Did you try using the find my device feature?  Also you should be able to wipe the phone remotely.  and as a final step I would report it lost I think the mods can do that for you so it goes on the blacklist.  ( if you don't have the imei, I was told in a previous post the mods can still blacklist a phone without it.)

@jeffster1970 Last half of you post is correct. There is no need for moderator intervention for the issue as described.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@julley, there is no need to cancel.  You can login to your self serve and go to plan and addons and there is a tab for lost of stolen phone.

lost.PNGOnce you purchase a new sim you would come back to this page and unsuspend your service then go to Change SIM.  This way you keep your same phone number

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

julley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks @jeffster1970

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@julley wrote:

I lost my cellphone on Friday, I need to know the following:

1. How do I cancel the service

2. I need a new SIM card, and also need to keep the same phone number

Julley 

Hi there -- sorry for your loss -- you'll need to PM the @CS_Agent to help you with all that.  Just explain the same thing you explained here.  Alternatively, I do believe you can go and purchase a new SIM card from Wal*Mart and just change SIM numbers (in the user portal), and your phone number will be the same, and the other SIM will be de-activated. 

Need Help? Let's chat.