cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada Cellular

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Has any one bought from these folks lately?? They no longer accept PayPal????

18 REPLIES 18

As part of the checkout and pay process they put PayPal back in as an option to pay this morning.....BC time. 

I think the upgraded web site has a lot of unverified flaws. 

I see it on CCS . It's not on page that @LurganIeUk posted before but on ordering page it displays.

Screenshot_20200715_211312.jpg

MikeNetOne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jb456 

Yes, I'm talking about canadiancellsupplies.com.  I would never pay regular 😀

@MikeNetOne  did you buy your sims on Public Mobile website for $10?. They take Paypal.

OP is talking about https://canadiancellsupplies.com/ which used to take Paypal but no longer seem to. Was nice to use PayPal to buy extra sims when they had them at $2.99 now there. $3.33 via that site.

MikeNetOne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When and what are you buying?

I just bought 2 SIM cards AFTER reading your post and I paid via PayPal.  Did you actually try checking out?

@LurganIeUk 

Maybe someone else with whatsapp will open up a conversation with them.....i lucked out again the other day and noticed their email within a few minutes of it being sent out and snapped up the last two vouchers available! They arrived yesterday in my email.

@gpixel wrote:

@LurganIeUk I find it odd how a company asks for so much personal details when trying to get in contact with them. even though I've purchased vouchers in the past. I would have to agree with @will13am .. 

Screenshot_20200715-091246.png

It is my approach to supporting attack surface reduction.  

@maximum_gato wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

That's recent I purchased two vouchers 4 days ago and paid with PayPal. Maybe PayPal dropped them? Their service has been great so far have you tried a live chat to find out why?

No, their live chat requires an additional step to have the WhatsApp. I am NOT going to clutter up my tablet or smartphone with a bunch of junk to communicate with them only. Another user name and password etc etc etc.

1A44941A-68E5-4FA2-A616-D44A55499E73.jpeg

Some one at Canada Cell Supplies has made some unrealistic decisions and has added some Mickey Mouse clutter and I now find them unappealing to deal with by dropping PayPal.

And good point PayPal may have dropped  them or changed their fees....who knows.

But the odd thing I found is that they sell on eBay, free shipping, charge a bit more but pretty much unlimited quantities. 

@LurganIeUk 

That's recent I purchased two vouchers 4 days ago and paid with PayPal. Maybe PayPal dropped them? Their service has been great so far have you tried a live chat to find out why?

@gblackma wrote:

@LurganIeUk , @gpixel is this the company? https://canada-cellular.com . Thanks.

No is..... https://canadiancellsupplies.com

I erred in the name. I clearly mean Canadian Cell Supplies. 

I took another look. What they “say” they accept for forms of payment do NOT reflect in the check out. 

It it looks like a real messy revision of their website. 

@gblackma canadiancellsupplies.com

@LurganIeUk , @gpixel is this the company? https://canada-cellular.com . Thanks.

@LurganIeUk I find it odd how a company asks for so much personal details when trying to get in contact with them. even though I've purchased vouchers in the past. I would have to agree with @will13am .. 

Screenshot_20200715-091246.png

Yes that may be the driver and I guess they figure if there are more options they may have compensated for taking away PayPal. And PayPal is my only non credit card (or debit card) and safer option to use. So no more Canadian Cellular purchases for me. 

If any readers here use Canada Cellular and are negatively impacted on their decision to no longer accept PayPal, I would suggest to reflect your opinion in google reviews. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk Perhaps they did that due to Paypal fees or something.

Web site format has changed since a week or so ago. Some more logic to it. But why would they drop the most popular way of paying???

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 7.48.40 AM.png

I am not going to use a credit card, I am NOT going to register a credit card to Apple Pay (that's just so stupid..too many hands in the pie) and what is OPay.....but forget it....I don't want to know. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry talking  about 2 different places. Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't buy from these small unknown places.  

Need Help? Let's chat.