cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful with Vision Mobile in Scarborough, Ontario

PeggyC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a SIM card for my friend from Vision Mobile in Amazon recently.  I received it with a big label on the envelope as follows:

Quote: Use this referral code to receive $10 credit.  Must use the referral code during the activation and to be applied within 30 days..  REFFERAL CODE: ZY***Z. Unquote.

At first, it is kind of misleading a new customer who would think that this is a promotional  code. They would think that new customer can't get $10 credit without the provided referral code.   They want to earn $1 monthly credit personally.  Also, a SIM should has no expiry date.  This is nonsense.  

I worry that whether the SIM card is workable. 

Public Mobile has to pay attention to this dishonest retailer.

p.s. The shop  address: 3**1 Markham Road. Unit 1*9

11 REPLIES 11

PeggyC

So, people can do anything unscrupulously for living?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LEGO wrote:

Someone is just trying to earn a living and nothing wrong with it.

@LEGO earn a living? lol no it's just slimy

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you for your hand up

PeggyC

I agree.

PeggyC

I know they want to earn $1 credit monthly.  They should say in a different way.  For example, if you don't have any friend's referral code.  Please use this one.  I hate people mislead others on purpose.

@softech wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@PeggyC wrote:

I ordered a SIM card for my friend from Vision Mobile in Amazon recently.  I received it with a big label on the envelope as follows:

Quote: Use this referral code to receive $10 credit.  Must use the referral code during the activation and to be applied within 30 days..  REFFERAL CODE: ZY***Z. Unquote.

At first, it is kind of misleading a new customer who would think that this is a promotional  code. They would think that new customer can't get $10 credit without the provided referral code.   They want to earn $1 monthly credit personally.  Also, a SIM should has no expiry date.  This is nonsense.  

Not dishonest......a bit slimy in not describing what you are receiving or what you need to do before you buy. 

I agree.. .. it's just on the line..

it would be better if it just said "To save extra $10, PLEASE use" instead of "MUST use"

An individual or business is free to use sales tactics or sales terms that they see fit, as long as it is legal.  Public Mobile can have certain terms with authorized retailers in return for special pricing, receiving sales comission, or being able to display the Public Mobile logo to attract more business  Are they an authorized reseller?. As for the SIM card itself, there isn't anything that the seller can do to force you to use the referral code after the fact.  I also do not believe that this was intended as a way to force the customer to do that, but as a way to provide the customer with the option (and for that perosn to get the $1 referral credit).  I'll say that if the seller is requiring the use of the referral code, that needs to be stated up front.  I see this as the seller hoping to get it.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Someone is just trying to earn a living and nothing wrong with it.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@PeggyC wrote:

Not dishonest......a bit slimy in not describing what you are receiving or what you need to do before you buy. 

I agree.. .. it's just on the line..

it would be better if it just said "To save extra $10, PLEASE use" instead of "MUST use"

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@PeggyC wrote:

softech
Oracle
Oracle

yes, they are trying to earn the $1 monthly.

As if the SIM will work, I guess it certainly will, they are really eager to make $1 so they will for sure make sure it is a valid SIM

As to the 30 days, I don't think he meant you need to use the SIM within 30days, he means the $10 will be applied to your account within 30 days instead.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can leave a review

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator.  Click on list toggle.

Need Help? Let's chat.