cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful with London Drugs employee enters information

dechengvsd1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This more a comment than a question.

If you sign up PM with London Drugs right now, they can waive the sim card fee which is good to know. The employee told me it is a promotion and he didn't mention to me when the promotion will end.

Signing up PM with London Drugs basically means they gave you a sim card and they do the online self activation for you. I gave the employee my ids and printed paper with all the information and yet ........ I can't believe how many typos they had in filling in the information. My birthday and my previous carrier account number were wrong for example. Address is wrong too. Good thing the phone number to port is correct. The employee didn't ask me to double check before submit and I found all the wrong information in the summary at the end.

Have to go through the trouble to wait for moderator to get back on me for the porting now. I talked to a friend of mine who sign up at London Drugs and the same thing happened to him. Anyway, if you sign up at London Drugs, just double check everything yourself before they submit!

5 REPLIES 5

dechengvsd1

I did phone London Drugs to see if they can help. The employee who answered the phone just say I can only use the self serve website.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

I guess they make so little in commissions that they don't really care. They don't do anything different than what we can do ourselves to activate a line. Unless there is a promotion going on, I recommend to just activate online yourselves. 

@NDesai I believe (that's what London drug person told me when LD was first announced as retail location) they have access to a call center if there is a failed activation. But they require transaction ID etc and it is only available immediately after the issue. 

I guess they make so little in commissions that they don't really care. They don't do anything different than what we can do ourselves to activate a line. Unless there is a promotion going on, I recommend to just activate online yourselves. 

dechengvsd1

Yeah, I know it could happen to anyone. I guess siging up with a phone company is different from signing up at London Drugs. Doing PM sign up is one of the many things London Drugs employees have to do. Just a comment saying you should be proactive to check the details before the submit.

Got my referal bonus. Always wondered if the referal code is case sensitive or not but looks like it is not.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dechengvsd1  I would say that is the same for any person entering info.

Did you use your friends  referal code when signing up? If  not you can message the mods with the code and they can enter it post activation. You may or may not get the 10$ credit 

Need Help? Let's chat.