cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Sims at Walmart - alternative for PM promotion?

PM_User
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went to my local Walmart to get a sim and take advantage of the Walmart PM promotion.  The person told me that all the sims that they received were bad and they had none to sell.  He also went on to elaborate that PM sims often were faulty.  This is the walmart in Kelowna.

I was surprised by this as I know a number of people on PM and no one that I spoke to has had any issues with bad sims from PM.  

I am assuming that if the Walmart is out of sims that there isn't a way to take advantage of this promotion.

16 REPLIES 16

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Bahram, how are you?
Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your SIM Card, but I will be able to help you to resolve this.

In order for me to do so, may I ask you to validate your account, by using this link : https://about.telus.com/authenticationform.jspa?c=pm0
Please follow these instructions when doing so :

-Select "Twitter"

-Enter your Community User name so we can identify you

-Enter your phone number + 4-Digit PIN

If you do not have the PIN, please provide us with 3 of the following matching up your account :

-Date of Birth

-Full address with Postal Code

-Last top-up amount and the date

-Email address

-Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file

Looking forward to your reply,

Cedric

bahram

8912230000289112252 showing is invalid

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @bahram, it seems like you didn't see my previous message. In order for me to assist you, please get back to me with the requested information in the private message I just sent you.

Awaiting your reply, thank you!

Aïssata

@stonechucker wrote:

@bahram, please immediatey modify your post as this is a publicly readable forum.  Your personal information is not private here.

This is the 3rd time i edited his post. This guy just doesn't want to deal with mods even though mod requested for more info via pm. 

@bahram, please immediatey modify your post as this is a publicly readable forum.  Your personal information is not private here.

If someone was to tell me the sims were all bad, I’d ask for 3 or 4 of them at no cost, so I could test them myself.

bahram

My sim card is doesn,t work  even i try to activate the system show it is activated 

Note it it my an other sim card which is not working sim back number 

89122 30000 xxxxxxx i want transfer my phone number 514-xxxxxxxxx from charter mobile to my new sim card 

to public mobile. Also i paid to public mobile twice 28.75 +28.75 but until to not working my sim .thanks 

@PM_User wrote:

One of the moderators has contacted me.  If there isn't a solution at Walmart I will just pop over to WOW at the mall.  I am more interested in just getting a sim card -- the promotion was a bonus. 

I just thought it was odd that ALL the sim cards could be bad -- but what do I know.  I am not any kind of mobile phone expert...

I have an extra sim and if you would like I can send you one. It would only be a couple days from Victoria.  Message me if interested

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

PM_User

One of the moderators has contacted me.  If there isn't a solution at Walmart I will just pop over to WOW at the mall.  I am more interested in just getting a sim card -- the promotion was a bonus. 

I just thought it was odd that ALL the sim cards could be bad -- but what do I know.  I am not any kind of mobile phone expert...

happycamper

Maybe try the Walmart in West Kelowna - phone them first to check if they have sims to save yourself the drive over bridge....I know they have them in Penticton.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would have called a Walmart manager and force salesman to sell me the SIM card.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @ PM_User, I'll definitely take a look at your inquiry. Please get back to me with the requested information in my private message.

Thank you 🙂

Aïssata

@PM_User wrote:

@Moderator_Team.  Is there a moderator that can let me know what I should do if Walmart is indicating that all the PM sims they received are bad?

Thanks.

Please send them a private message.  They don't always respond to community posts.

PM_User

@Moderator_Team.  Is there a moderator that can let me know what I should do if Walmart is indicating that all the PM sims they received are bad?

Thanks.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

These guys are saying they don't have a single good SIM card to sell.  Is this simply a convenient situation for selling a different product?

Correct. (How do they know that all sims are bad if they never activated those?)

This Walmart should be reported to Public Mobile.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This sounds rather suspicious.  I have activated more than around 30 accounts myself over the years.  I have used many service providers without ever experiencing a SIM card failure.  These guys are saying they don't have a single good SIM card to sell.  Is this simply a convenient situation for selling a different product?

In this situation, I suggest reaching out to the moderator team to see if they can do something for you.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.