cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Bad Service at Walmart

@JeanetteO

Good to hear someone say they are happy for a change.welcome to PM..the biggest complaint against Wal-Mart is they generally refuse to sell a sim card only...and as lots of PM deals require online activation by the customer people either get miss informed or in most cases dont read the full terms of a promotion..something to keep in mind for the future incase you decide to bring another friend or family member on board and take advantage of referral bonuses etc...

im not suprised he was patronizing, again. Reps wanna make a sale ona contract. 

I find that weird that he wouldnt sell u the card outright, I remember someone else having this problem, walmart doesnt allow u too buy the sim outright, thats messed. 

@JeanetteO wrote:

I actually had the exact opposite experience at Walmart.  I expected them to try to convince me to go with a more expensive plan, etc. but the guy set me up with a free sim card, put all my info in online and put the sim card in the phone for me.    Not once did he try to sell me anything.    Funny enough, when I left Bell they asked me where I was going and when I told them they said "sorry to hear that" and I just kind of said yeaa and he said "no really, I am sorry to hear that, you won't like the service"    Anyway, I haven't been a customer for long but so far, the talk, text and data are working perfectly, my bill has been credited as expected and the only complaint I have is that I didn't hear about PM sooner!! 

I guess it really depends on the person working . Maybe they never tried PM and just say that because  of what they read online . The walmart in St Constant Quebec is always more then happy to help with sim cards and payment vouchers. My mom just bought a Sim from them and they said we are more then happy to help you activate or if you rather do it at home and have a quick question we are happy to answer.

@slash407 wrote:

im not suprised he was patronizing, again. Reps wanna make a sale ona contract. 

I find that weird that he wouldnt sell u the card outright, I remember someone else having this problem, walmart doesnt allow u too buy the sim outright, thats messed. 

Wal-Mart sure does allow you to buy sim out right. I brought 4 family members and they always bought it outright and activated at home. 

Oracle

@tehowennathe  agreed there are some locations that allow purchases of sim cards, but it is more often than not we hear of bad stories.  (I have encountered the negative from both my local walmarts, one of them even at one point put up a sign saying we do not sell sim cards without activation or something similar). 

it could be that being a forum we hear more of the negative than positive interactions.

@mimmo_L wrote:

@tehowennathe  agreed there are some locations that allow purchases of sim cards, but it is more often than not we hear of bad stories.  (I have encountered the negative from both my local walmarts, one of them even at one point put up a sign saying we do not sell sim cards without activation or something similar). 

it could be that being a forum we hear more of the negative than positive interactions.

Seems only the bad experiences are posted. I try to post the positive to let people know it's not all that bad. I had family members buy at 2 different locations and it was fine. Maybe its a provincal thing .