cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Bad Service at Walmart

I guess it depends on location. Not all locations give trouble with vouchers or sim cards. I been going to the same Saint-Constant QC location for a while and never an issue. Guess i'm just one of the few to be near a good Walmart location.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's Walmart for ya Smiley Very Happy

At the Walmart I went to they tried to sell me Lucky Mobile when I asked about buying a SIM card and they said they needed to activate it, that was a few days ago.  Came back today and the two guys tried to get me to sign up for Koodo instead because it "was only a few dollars more, better service, and lots more data".  It was annoying to have to decline more than once.  

Ditto at Walmart at uptown in Victoria. Would not sell me a sim card without signing up. What a crock. I went to London Drugs-NO problem. I think public mobile should go after Walmart for their bad practice. Nowhere on the website does it say you must sign up to get card at retailer. I think its  WALMART scam.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just to add to the list of Walmart locations that refuse to sell PM SIM cards:

Walmart in Ste. Dorothee, Laval, QC

Plus, when I mentioned why I wanted to activate myself (in order to get the referral bons 2 x $25), the rep indicated that I would get the same promos - which I knew I wouldn't.

Went to Wow Mobile...

I've seen nothing but complaints about the service regarding Public Mobile at Wal-Marts. I think Public Mobile should completely reconsider their partnership with Wal-Mart and consider pulling out of those stores. Either that, or force Wal-Mart to sell SIM cards without activations and have the SIM cards hanging on a rack without needing store associate assistance.

I'm wondering if something more shady is happening with Wal-Mart employees, using their own numbers to gain personal referrals from customer activations or something along those lines. Or maybe even selling the number to spam/telemarketers. Makes one wonder....

Guys, 

AginCount, Scarborough Walmart Reps also have limited/no knowledge on promotions and offers for Public Mobile. If you want new activaction with offers, prepare your self and explain what you are eligible for. Else forget about it.

Cheers!

Same thing happened with me today. BUt finally i was able to push through and get the SIM only at Walmart at Square One Missisauga

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pandher84 wrote:

Same thing happened with me today. BUt finally i was able to push through and get the SIM only at Walmart at Square One Missisauga

It's not good that people are having trouble getting sim. They shouldn't force you to run around trying to find place to buy.