Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Bad Service at Walmart

Was also able to buy just the SIM at the WOW boutique in Bayshore mall

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JeanetteO 

We had no issues buying just the sim card at the Walmart in Dartmouth Crossing (Dartmouth, Nova Scotia) but they did give a bit of a speal about some folks having a hard time signing up and wanted to do it there. We just politely refused and took care of it at home to get the referral deal.

We also got the same patronizing call from Bell yesterday saying that we wont be happy with PMs service/speed and wanting us to come back with $60/mo 5GB+unlimited calling and texting. While I will miss the LTE speeds of Bell, I won't miss their terrible service and business practices. Our plan had balooned by nearly $50 over the couple of years that we weren't under contract. His attitude wasn't going to win us back, that is for sure.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Had issues trying to buy a sim card at Walmart Square One last night...

me: can i get a PM sim card please?

rep: sure, which plan do you want?

me: i'll activate it myself.. thanks

rep: then i can't sell you one

me: why not?

rep: store policy

me: that's a bit stupid dont you think?

rep: nope.

walmart lost out on a sale because he wanted commission/stat on an activation. WOWmobile was more than happy to sell me one. 

Hey @countonalex,

thank you so much for flagging this! I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to buy a sim card through Wal-Mart as well. This is not a policy that PM has put into place, and I'll be adding this location to our store tracker for coaching purposes.

In the meantime, you can try buying a sim at London Drugs, WoW Mobile, K Mobile or other independent retailers.

Can you just confirm which location (city and address) of this specific Wal Mart?

Thakn you,

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@countonalex wrote:

Had issues trying to buy a sim card at Walmart Square One last night...

me: can i get a PM sim card please?

rep: sure, which plan do you want?

me: i'll activate it myself.. thanks

rep: then i can't sell you one

me: why not?

rep: store policy

me: that's a bit stupid dont you think?

rep: nope.

walmart lost out on a sale because he wanted commission/stat on an activation. WOWmobile was more than happy to sell me one. 

I guess WalMart should be avoided. If one is looking to purchase a SIM the best choice would be via Public Mobile online or another retailer. Thanks!

I've had no issues purchasing the SIM card @ the Walmart in STC.  Was simple and quick, the employee asked if I wanted to activate it, I said no, and I just had to pay for it.

It’s a great time to activate your account online with a referral code and receive the $25 credit for your account and your referrals account.  The promotion is on right now until mid March! More details can be found online here at publicmobile.ca. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Moderator_Team wrote:

Hey @countonalex,

thank you so much for flagging this! I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to buy a sim card through Wal-Mart as well. This is not a policy that PM has put into place, and I'll be adding this location to our store tracker for coaching purposes.

In the meantime, you can try buying a sim at London Drugs, WoW Mobile, K Mobile or other independent retailers.

Can you just confirm which location (city and address) of this specific Wal Mart?

Thakn you,

100 City Centre Dr, Mississauga, ON L5B 2G7

Mayor / Maire

@Moderator_Team wrote:

Hey @countonalex,

Thakn you,

After all these issues with Walmart, I went to the Walmart In st Albert, AB and asked why this is happening. The Electronics manager informed me that it was a Walmart policy for them with all carriers to only supply activated sims. Of course as we have learned on here that is not always the case! 

Retraité / Retired

thank you ! @countonalex

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **