cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Experience at Wow! vs. Walmart (Dufferin Mall, Toronto)

Marshdot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Signed up for Public today. I was seeking the $45 5.5gb plan, with free sim and month off deal this weekend. 

I had very different experiences at the Wow! and Walmart at Dufferin Mall in Toronto.

Wow! would not honour Public's deal. The employee and site manager both claimed I could choose either one promo or the other. Not in combination, despite the fine print clearly permitting it. 

After a couple minutes of heated discussion, I headed to Walmart. Walmart immediately recognized the deal, and punched through my resigration within minutes.  

If I had trusted Wow! (as they claim other people had), I would have been on the hook for an additional $55 this month. Whether or not this was a back-end or front-end error, it was unprofessional.

Public, please get in touch with Wow! immediately, so other customers aren't bilked out of their money.

4 REPLIES 4

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Happy Monday @Marshdot, thank you for bringing this bad experience to our attention. For further investigation, would you be able to provide us with the following information in a private message: full address of the store as well as the names of the employee and the site manager in a private message, and your phone number?  

Thank you!

Aïssata

Good1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for sharing. 🙂

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Marshdot thanks for sharing your experience.  Technically there shouldn't be any difference regardless which retail location you go to, they should all be able to sign up a customer with the current online promos published on the PM website.  Thanks for sharing because it's important that PM hear's about these poor experiences so they can get in touch with the retailer and provide the necessary training and information.  

@CS_Agent  Hi Moderators, please see this customer's experience at the Wow! location in Dufferin Mall, Toronto, Ontario.  Recommend getting in touch with this retailer/vendor so they have the proper training on the PM promos.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome to Public Mobile.  Sorry to hear about your experience.  Hopefully by sharing your experience, Public Mobile can communicate to their vendors about the details of these promotions.  

Need Help? Let's chat.