cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another negative experience at Walmart Langford(Victoria BC)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Bought a sim card a month and a half ago at this location. It was a painful process but the employee (who was newish at the time) sold me the sim card after getting permission from manager(who was not thwre) I even showed the threads about being able to buy Sims w/o actvation.

I went there today to buy two Sims. Same employee was there and stated that the district manager had recently told them Sims only with activation. I left without Sims but with the managers name.

Needless to say it is a very fustrating experience.

@Brooke_C I will forward you the name and Walmart details.   I think it is time to somehow try to get this retail partner to follow the rules.   Needless to say I will be heading to London drugs.

18 REPLIES 18

yucango
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After my first try at Walmart I decided to do it online.  one of the best website sign in's that I have experienced.

@Brooke_C wrote:

Hey @ShawnC13

Thanks for sharing. I've passed this info on to our account manager who will address this. 

Let us know when it has been addressed and actioned I will keep checking in on this location for a change in their policy

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ShawnC13

Thanks for sharing. I've passed this info on to our account manager who will address this. 

@Brooke_C wrote:

Hey @mimmo@RobertQc@canadianrhythm, and @smp99

We are sorry to hear that you were told you could only purchase a SIM card if you activated in-store or that you weren't able to purchase and activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at all, but do appreciate that you brought it to our attention. Unfortunately, what you were told is incorrect, as, at this point in time, you are not required to activate your Public Mobile SIM card at any of the retail locations where our SIM card is sold. This means that, if you would prefer to purchase the SIM card at retail and activate online at home, that is no problem at all.

So that we can provide our retail partners with specific feedback, if you could please share the following pieces of information with @CS_Agent when these situations arise, that would be greatly appreciated. 

The info we will need includes: 

-Store Name and city

-Feedback date 

-Feedback (if you have a great experience, please share that too!)

Thanks! 

Brooke I was in this Walmart today and saw this sign

IMG_20180807_193228.jpg

Walmart Store 3188 Langford BC

250-391-0224

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Thanks for the support @pakmode.  Now if only everyone else would bravo my post, we might get somewhere on that one 🙂

Cheers!

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

@Brooke_C@will13am@mimmo, I’d suggest getting every physical Koodo and Telus outlet have the sims available.  Telus already owns/rents the space and they have sims onsite for their service.

Get rid of the the 3rd party locations that refuse to follow the rules.

this is ridiculous.

Great idea. +1

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @mimmo@RobertQc@canadianrhythm, and @smp99

We are sorry to hear that you were told you could only purchase a SIM card if you activated in-store or that you weren't able to purchase and activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at all, but do appreciate that you brought it to our attention. Unfortunately, what you were told is incorrect, as, at this point in time, you are not required to activate your Public Mobile SIM card at any of the retail locations where our SIM card is sold. This means that, if you would prefer to purchase the SIM card at retail and activate online at home, that is no problem at all.

So that we can provide our retail partners with specific feedback, if you could please share the following pieces of information with @CS_Agent when these situations arise, that would be greatly appreciated. 

The info we will need includes: 

-Store Name and city

-Feedback date 

-Feedback (if you have a great experience, please share that too!)

Thanks! 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

They did oddly enough take a photocopy of it, but that is about it.

Huh?  Personally, I would not have been okay with that.  I would imagine that there is some type of security check in place when a sim card is manufactuered to prevent this, but I sure hope that you didn't open yourself up to your sim card being cloned.  I would have just walked away and went elsewhere if a store insisted on doing that.  It just doesn't seem right.

I think the reason it was copied was for them to send in a report of the sims they "activated"  Why else would they be taking a copy, I doubt it is for cloning I am going with getting an activation payment.

@JL9 wrote:

This is a joke. Just gets me angrier and angrier 😡

Agreed. Is there a document we can print off and bring with us? I need to go pick one up for a friend who couldn't get one

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This is a joke. Just gets me angrier and angrier 😡

@Psygineer wrote:

They did oddly enough take a photocopy of it, but that is about it.

Huh?  Personally, I would not have been okay with that.  I would imagine that there is some type of security check in place when a sim card is manufactuered to prevent this, but I sure hope that you didn't open yourself up to your sim card being cloned.  I would have just walked away and went elsewhere if a store insisted on doing that.  It just doesn't seem right.

smp99

Huntsville, Ont

Bought one about 3 weeks ago, no problem. Last 2 days same store, 2 of my friends say they will not sell without activation. I happened to have 2 sims on hand for them. 

We have no other alternative here other than mail, which I have just done again. 

canadianrhythm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Apparently, this seems to be the case at all Walmarts. The one in Brampton at 5085 Mayfield Road also refused to sell me a PM sim card without activation (as per Manager's instructions). I didn't bother for a day but then ended up activating it (the day after the free sim card offer was expiring). PM should take up this issue Walmarts. 

@Brooke_C@will13am@mimmo, I’d suggest getting every physical Koodo and Telus outlet have the sims available.  Telus already owns/rents the space and they have sims onsite for their service.

Get rid of the the 3rd party locations that refuse to follow the rules.

this is ridiculous.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I was in the store doing some shopping. So it was more convience than anything else.  And since I saw the person who sold me the sim last month, i was cool he will remember me, (Which he did). He even asked me why I needed another sim so soon.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mimmo, with options like London drugs, why would you go to Walmart?  I wish London drugs would go east.  

Psygineer

I'm starting to feel special, they didn't even ask me if I wanted them to activate it for me. It was just "here, go do it yourself" and I left with it. They did oddly enough take a photocopy of it, but that is about it. (I've bought two SIMs same story both times). This was in Thunder Bay though.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

This walmart situation is getting out of hand! My friend gave up and didn't get the sim card either. Apparently they refused him. I need to go myself and get him one now if I want the referral

Need Help? Let's chat.