cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Tony guy ?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So I ordered a SIM card off Amazon because my local dealers suck. Dont even get me started with my local Walmart location, ive  been there multiple times and the same guy is always there putting up an argument about Public. So instead I ordered off Amazon because the 1 day shipping time was attractive. Sure enough the next day I received the SIM and when I opened it up it showed this. 

20201102_120755.jpg

Now who's Tony ? This is the link to the SIM i orderd.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07R6P5KBB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_H0dOFb0N9KKD7

Now whoever sells this must not be offical. Its weird because this is the link to the Amazon SIM that PM used to give on their website. Its weird how its not there anymore. 

What I dont understand is this Tony guy. 20-50$ Bill credits ? What the heck does he do activate it for you with his refferal ? Even then refferals are only 10$.

Theres also reviews about him and how amazing this Tony guy is.

I activated the SIM for a friend and it worked just fine. Its just odd that a guy would resell SIM cards with just a sticker on it to call him.

Has anyone elese orderd from Amazon and had this ? If so did you call Tony ? 

Its kinda odd how no one has talked about him on the community. I would assume someone would fall for this and talk to the community on why they didnt get 20$. I might give him a call tommorow. See what the heck this guy does.

Oh and I noticed PM changed their SIM cards. They look much better.

11 REPLIES 11

Daniel_macleod1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Also wondering about this it does seem odd to state for additional credits.

But what do I know I am not a mod or oracle or anything because I don't state on behalf of myself whether or not a credit can be had or whatever.

Also not looking for referrals just on my own account being myself also being OP and from the legitimacy of what I type on or say off the forums on behalf of public mobile terms.

Sincerely

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there an update on this? I would love to know what happened if someone reported Tony to PM

@Jb456 wrote:

Sounds like @ShawnC13 has some pull with PM 🤭

Not at all, some people just don't like to move things forward

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Sounds like @ShawnC13 has some pull with PM 🤭

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@BearFBI, have you talked with PM about this?  I know it has been brought to their attention before.  If you want private message me and I can move this forward above the mods

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Amazon third party sellers can be really shady.  I sense Tony is just trying to fish for referrals.  He is obviously lying about the bill credits.  If a customer activates and does not get any bill credits, it is not like they can complain to him.  They will just give Public Mobile the bad rap.  

Gunner123

@BearFBI wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Tony likely puts $20-50 and hopes when someone calls PM is still having a flash sale for 2nd 30 days free so he can enter your email from the order in the promo link or when you call get you to enter the email.

Did you place your order Friday the 30th, 31st Oct or the 1st Nov?

And if not and no flash sale is going on in that time frame Tony the Tiger likely says "sorry currently there is no $20 to 50 credit but we can get you a $10 credit" and activates your card with his referral code.

Ahhh. That makes sense. I was just wondering where he gets that 20-50$ from. I ordered it last week with my friends email signed up for the previous flash sale. Jeeze this guy must be racked up with referral's. Im going to ask him for a free SIM card. I wonder what he would actually do. If he ships it to me and asks me to use his referral I can easily not use it and gain a free SIM. 

@BearFBI now you sound as bad as him lol

BearFBI

@Jb456 wrote:

Tony likely puts $20-50 and hopes when someone calls PM is still having a flash sale for 2nd 30 days free so he can enter your email from the order in the promo link or when you call get you to enter the email.

And if not and no flash sale is going on in that time frame Tony the Tiger likely says "sorry currently there is no $20 to 50 credit but we can get you a $10 credit" and activates your card with his referral code.

Ahhh. That makes sense. I was just wondering where he gets that 20-50$ from. I ordered it last week with my friends email signed up for the previous flash sale. Jeeze this guy must be racked up with referral's. Im going to ask him for a free SIM card. I wonder what he would actually do. If he ships it to me and asks me to use his referral I can easily not use it and gain a free SIM. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

BearFBI

@RossN He actually only put his phone number to call. No referral. According to a few reviews he claims to be an employee from Public Mobile. The 20-50$ credit must be a lie.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

So I ordered a SIM card off Amazon because my local dealers suck. Dont even get me started with my local Walmart location, ive  been there multiple times and the same guy is always there putting up an argument about Public. So instead I ordered off Amazon because the 1 day shipping time was attractive. Sure enough the next day I received the SIM and when I opened it up it showed this. 

20201102_120755.jpg

Now who's Tony ? This is the link to the SIM i orderd.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07R6P5KBB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_H0dOFb0N9KKD7

Now whoever sells this must not be offical. Its weird because this is the link to the Amazon SIM that PM used to give on their website. Its weird how its not there anymore. 

What I dont understand is this Tony guy. 20-50$ Bill credits ? What the heck does he do activate it for you with his refferal ? Even then refferals are only 10$.

Theres also reviews about him and how amazing this Tony guy is.

I activated the SIM for a friend and it worked just fine. Its just odd that a guy would resell SIM cards with just a sticker on it to call him.

Has anyone elese orderd from Amazon and had this ? If so did you call Tony ? 

Its kinda odd how no one has talked about him on the community. I would assume someone would fall for this and talk to the community on why they didnt get 20$. I might give him a call tommorow. See what the heck this guy does.

Oh and I noticed PM changed their SIM cards. They look much better.

@BearFBI amazon deals with third party sellers that is what you are dealing with a guy who puts his own referral number in the envelope with the sim card and sends it to you 

Need Help? Let's chat.