cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation experience

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We went to the Wow Mobile booth yesterday trying to purchase the PM SIM but was told they sold out. Then we went to Walmart, was told they had PM SIM but the PM website was down so they couldn't do any activation on the site... That was our only purpose going out to a Mall yesterday but nothing was done. Luckily today we went to Koodoo in the same mall (didn't know it was one of the PM partner yesterday) and they helped us get the phone set up. Haven't checked my visa yet to see whether there was a SIM charge (shouldn't be) but everything else went through smoothly. 

11 REPLIES 11

Shabo09
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my SIM in the mall and without any issues.

I'am happy to be with PM after Virgin mobile charged my to match for d same plan without any notice.

cat2019

@darlicious wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@cat2019 wrote:

Haven't checked my visa yet to see whether there was a SIM charge (shouldn't be) but everything else went through smoothly. 

Welcome. They didn't give a receipt? The sales terminal and payment machine also shows a total when paying.

@cat2019  Call them in the morning...ask for a refund and go back to the location with your card to do a return to your card.

They didn't charge the SIM, just double checked the credit card history. Thank you for the suggestion!

cat2019

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@cat2019 wrote:

Haven't checked my visa yet to see whether there was a SIM charge (shouldn't be) but everything else went through smoothly. 

Welcome. They didn't give a receipt? The sales terminal and payment machine also shows a total when paying.

The receipt only shows the monthly plan cost. I checked my credit card today, there was no charge for the SIM. So the promotion went through. Thanks!

cat2019

@Lowufo wrote:

For me I found the easiest process was to order a sim from Amazon and activate online while sitting in my Lazyboy 😁 Not a big fan of shopping malls anymore. 

I'm the opposite, not a tech person so if I can find someone to do it for me, I will be happy.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@cat2019 wrote:

@cat2019  Call them in the morning...ask for a refund and go back to the location with your card to do a return to your card.

cyrusrivers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Welcome and make sure when you setup your self serve account that your community email matches so you will recieve rewards in the future more easily.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-community-username-password-and-emai... 

I have just been with this carrier for 1 month so far and it's been great. I live on the west coast(Vancouver)so maybe your experience will vary depending on where you live!

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@cat2019 wrote:

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For me I found the easiest process was to order a sim from Amazon and activate online while sitting in my Lazyboy 😁 Not a big fan of shopping malls anymore. 

Welcome to public mobile.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cat2019 Click here to register your selfserve account.

Then go into your payment history to see all the details.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Glad to hear it worked out for you in end. I always call ahead to make sure they have what I want.

Need Help? Let's chat.