cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation at London Drugs, Kerrisdale, Vancouver

AFW-Public
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was out of town so had to get my cousin to go buy a SIM for me so that I could activate it before midnight (it was the last day of black friday sale....).  When my cousin tried to activate the SIM for me he got this "Invalid SIM" (this problem which seems quite common reading from other post in this forum).

So my cousin had no choice but to take the SIM back to London Drugs at Kerrisdale, Vancouver to see if he can return it.  The sale rep told him it's non-refundable But was willing to try the activation again for him at the store.  The process went smoothly from there on.  Then the LD rep said "oh, it looks like there's another promotion in store today, your SIM is free if you activated it in store".  (huh?  really?  there's such kind of promotion?)

Well, the sale rep didn't have to mention that and my cousin wouldn't know any better.  But he was being a very good rep, make the refunds, print out the activation records, etc, etc.  So there you go, I got the card activated in time for the black friday special AND I got the SIM card for free!!!

I'd recommend anyone near that area thinking of joing Public to buy your SIM from this place, good services.

7 REPLIES 7

@CannonFodder  They say the same thing here too...but if your coming from a provider that makes it difficult to access your account # and a call centre that you never reach a human and a community that never has the answer....IMEI# will save your sanity.

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  

I myself would go back to London drugs for a refund if you activated in store....or did you buy and activate at home?

Because I didn't have my Lucky account number with me, I bought the SIM and activated it online, at home. As it turned out, I couldn't get my Lucky account number anyway, since it wasn't anywhere to be seen when I checked my online account, nor could I contact them due to their stupid endless loop menu system, so I activated using the IMEI number, and that worked fine. 👍  As mentioned in my previous post, the London Drugs rep said it HAD TO be done via my Lucky account number, and never said anything about using the IMEI. 🙄 

@CannonFodder   The SIM not active is an error message usually indicating a a session lock out during activation or the need to clear browser and use secret/incognito mode etc....its more of the pm site having to much info from your device so it can't process your request.

I myself would go back to London drugs for a refund if you activated in store....or did you buy and activate at home? If in store just ask for the manager...london drugs does have a 100% customer service satisfaction guarantee. I had mine refunded by proving there was a free SIM card offer at the time of my purchase and asked for the price match of the other retailer offering a free SIM.

Well, yes, the folks at London Drugs are generally pretty helpful, but when I went to the Mission, BC location, to get a P.M. SIM, and discussed the whole activation thing(me doing it online, vs. the store doing it for me) with the guy at the cell phone counter, he wasn't aware that the activation could be done using the phone's IMEI number(he thought it HAD TO be via my previous provider's account #), and neither him, nor his co-worker, were aware that P.M.'s $15 plan allowed unlimited incoming calls. Smiley Sad

Callan89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey! 

I too had great experiences with the staff at my local London Drugs! I have now set up 3 phones on PM with them and they were incredibily helpful. They all gave me so much information about the brand, deals, online forums, and so on. I definitely recommend doing all set ups with them!

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, I posted here a few days ago, mentioning London Drugs' policy about no refunds on SIMs that don't go through when the customers try activating the cards themselves. They're clearly assuming user error, which may render the SIM unusable, although, as was mentioned here, and in at least one other thread I've seen, the seemingly unusable SIMs are often still recoverable.

I'm kind of annoyed that the London Drugs I went to never said anything about getting the SIM for free..... Smiley Frustrated

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Glad to hear it worked out for the Black Friday deal!

Need Help? Let's chat.