cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

as title said it would be super better if there is one button with all aviable mod online to click when someone need help instead of looking around the pages for finding mod when people need help from mod. it is pain to looking around for help when you feel frustated. one button will make things lots of easier to do in the life. 

6 Comments
CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Execept when you send a message to one mod they all can see it.  So really pick your favourite name to remember and you're good to go.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

It may feel better, but there is no need to be aware of which moderators are on duty.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

for my personal experince, you won't always to remember who is who since there is alot of things going on in the life. for those know because they always online and pay attendtion to this community but for those who just come when they need help it will be hard. because it becomes some thing new, when you are new you need to search around and because the hour of operation you do not know which mod is online, you would like to send the message who are online can response quickly. you need help you do not want any mintues wait. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cypm and @Luddite, I originally thought of this the same way you did--that @Cypm was asking to be able to know which mod(s) were online at the time, and that this was not necessary.  

But based on his or her most recent reply just above this one, I think I see the need for this.  @Cypm raised a great point that a lot of people may not know whom the mods when they are looking for help.  So, I'm thinking the need isn't necessarily which ones are online, but exactly whom are the mods or more to the point, whom do I contact for help?.  This general theme has come up quite a bit, and PM have tried to make this easier with that knowledge base article and such.  But I think this ties back to the other related request that has come up a few times--an easy, foolproof, oversized button visible on every community page that lets you send a private message to the pool of moderators without know whom they are, whom is online, or even how the process works overall.  

I think I've distilled this down to the actual need, and I think it needs to be reconsidered by PM if it's at all possible to do something like this (single point of contact HELP ME type button) within the Lithium framework on which the community runs.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

This function doesn't need to display which mods are online and which aren't.

It only needs to say something like "Click here to flag this issue with PM support staff".

It would likely require a captcha or other filter to prevent abuse by crawlers and spambots.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth seems sensible to me

Need Help? Let's chat.