cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makkahn28
Mayor / Maire
I was thinking, PM perhaps should consider making a Special Promo for New PM Activations, Maybe this would foster greater benefits of joining the New Carrier on the Block, PM reinventing how Prepaid operates
19 Comments
stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Why limit to just new subscribers?  The Fall Promo was available to ALL new and current subscribers.  As a current subscriber, any new 'deal' or promo should continue to be offered to all.

This is the reason why I don't deal with the other guys, as they typically do not reward current customers.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

This shouldn't always be about all, sometimes giving is just as Important, IF NOT Greater than Taking.

Plus, it wasn't like I Said Promo should be indefinite, Just perhaps a Limited time, Finding a Humbled Balance.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Well the promo wasn't bout all either as I put my mind to it.  The offer was for only those who would choose the province-wide calling.  Folks who wanted Canada wide were either out of luck, or would have to purchase LD addons to make it work for them.

im not saying don't give the new folks a deal upon activation, but is it really feasible on Public Mobile, as this carrier is no frills?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

By doing what they did with the last promo they are being different from the other providers.  I still don't think that PM's system is ready for another promotion,  They really need the back end worked on and make sure the US roaming is working properly.  I do see them running a promo again and I think it would be lik hte fall promo where it doubles the data of one of the plans

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree with @ShawnC13. Another promo would be nice, but I second that I don't think the system will be able to handle another influx of customers. They need to enhance the systems first before they run another massive promo. Otherwise you'll just get another cohort of rightly frusturated customers and the service may just become more unreliable for everyone already on the network.

Let's give some time for PM to sort themselves out first. I believe they already achieved the short-term goal they wanted to achieve with the last promo.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 if PM were to only offer the plan to new customers, they would not be "reinventing" anything, they'd be doing what the other providers do most of the time.  They're more inventive by actually offering it to existing customers as well, publicly and without much effort (system issues on scheduled plan changes aside).  

Sorry, but I can't get behind this one.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@makkahn28, every new plan is a new account.  So, how is Public Mobile going to differentiate a new customer from an existing customer?  If there is to be another promotion, it should be universally available to anyone who wants to get it, no other strings attached.  As for the system being stressed too much by a promotion, I hope that is not a deciding factor in any way.  In spite of a large amount of problems generated by the first promotion, I don't think the system fared too poorly.  A lot of the issues had to do with customer familiarity with the activation process and the unforgivingness of certain steps in the process to any kind of errors.  No matter what they do to fix the old bugs, there will always be the element of human error that will never be overcome.  I'd say bring on the next promotion!  I have a some family and friends who sat on the fence the last time and are having some regrets. 

Kokanee08
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"new customer promos" are one of the reasons I switched away from Rogers. New customers are always getting great deals and meanwhile I am being robbed every month with outrageous fees, and no deals in sight, even after being a customer for 10+ years. 

The fact that Public Mobile rewards existing customers is a huge plus to me. I really can't get behind this idea.

Status changed to: Brand new
David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As a new customer that was only able to get 6 GB of data, I'm actually feeling a little bummed when browsing the forums and seeing everyone with their 12 GB plans. I can see how the old customers are more than willing to stay with PM since they get to keep their plans and it will only get cheaper with the loyalty rewards. However, aside from the awesome moderators on this forum, I have little incentive to stay. Hope there is another promo coming up since 6GB really isn't enough for my needs and 12 GB is too pricey.

Need Help? Let's chat.