cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Customers that want or require invoices should not need to ask for one each billing cycle. Prepaid or Public Mobile is a business offering a service and charging applicaple taxes including HST in Ontario. What is Public Mobile's HST number? customers are getting confused looking at transaction history, issuing receipts with more information could clearify this.

6 Comments
will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Previously, I have used a competing brand for prepaid, well actually 2.  Interestingly, they are no different when it comes to billing.  The numbers shown in the account don't include applicable taxes, readability is not straightforwards.  There is no proper bill generated for a customer to download.  When a top up is done, the only record is the visa bill.  Yeah, I know this sounds like a race to the bottom comparison.  Somehow, independently the carriers have to come to the pretty much the same place for prepaid billing.  Go figure. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As a stopgap could you buy vouchers and use the receipt you get from the store?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo, that is the solution for this.  A voucher receipt has all the required information.

cstar707
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Stop complaining if you want a real bill for business purposes for a write off then get a real plan from another service provider PM is creating a cheap PREPAID service as said above all prepaid services operate the same as I also have tested the waters of other prepaid services and its just the credit card reciept that you get if that is not good enough then as mentioned above use the solution of vouchers. but don't complain and want more from a prepaid service thats trying to make it cheaper for the rest of us the more they have to create and more time they need to spend will only increase the costs of the plans to justify their time.

Thanks

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's a bit harsh, @cstar707. It is only a suggestion and it's in the right place (for now).

PM can be used in the operation of a business so that business should be allowed to claim a deduction. I don't see how being cheap/prepaid/whatever has any bearing on that.

Making it simpler to obtain an invoice sounds reasonable to me. Keep the system as it is now but have the ability to generate a useful invoice via the Self-Serve site would be handy for those that want it.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I believe this has been suggestedd before in the PL and it one of those items tha either cost too much money (millions) or wil take too much time (years).  PM I am sure tracks the number of invoice requests they get and copare the cost of manually creating the invoices vs the cost of ugrading the system.  so far manualy processing wins.  if eveyone started asking for invoices then i think pm would invest in the feature but until thenthe options are: wait 2-4 weeks, buy vouchers, switch providers, or go without.

Need Help? Let's chat.