cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slavitch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok, it's been now six weeks since I've moved four family phones over.  I had my last Bell Mobility bill  in December.  With penalties Public Mobile pays for itself in three months.  Cool!   Most of our phone calls are in-province so the last promo really worked for us.

But having four accounts stinks.  I'm sorry.

My employer looked at my December expenses.  I expense long distance and US roaming and they liked how cheap it was.  We have a number of phones on Rogers still paid by my employer and they're getting rooked.  But the management of accounts is impossible if you have more than a trivial number. 

Long term (this year) it would really do you well to have a family or small business plan where you can have up to, say, 100 phones prepaid.   You'd bring over firms like mine that hire people on a contract basis and give them a cellphone rather than a landline.  And you'd save them a huge amount on roaming.  Individual selection of features is fine,  it's having one login and one billing account that matters.

Anyways  all the best.

7 Comments
will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a great idea, not just for small businesses, but even families.  It would be much easier to login to a single account and see all the plans there.  I am sure it is something that will be on the front burner as this service matures.  It has not been that long since Public Mobile went to the current format. 

slavitch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I really think they misjudge their customer base. They thought it would be a 25 year old millennial. In reality it's a 49 year old dad with two kids and a wife on expensive data plans.
Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It's a process:) This company is just starting to grow.
TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

by slavitch
an hour ago
I really think they misjudge their customer base. They thought it would be a 25 year old millennial. In reality it's a 49 year old dad with two kids and a wife on expensive data plans.

----------------------

Man, how true is this comment @slavitch!!?? You're dead on.

I would say it's singles and families 40+....  but either way, you are dead on. I also would think that small businesses (especially individuals) would jump all over something that would save them money! When a small business owner spends cash on a cell phone bill - it's basically out of their profit/pocket... so why not save money?

PM would be best able to share what their demographics are... any chance you might share PM peeps? Smiley Wink

Perhaps small business options are further down the road, but I bet that they will be taken advantage of quickly!

WearySky

@TheOldVR I'll be honest with you - if I had a small business I wouldn't have the phone line with PM.  Things are just a little bit too unstable right now, which is fine for my personal line, but for a business line I'd want a company that actually offers support outside of 9-5 if something goes screwy.

TheOldVR

@WearySky.... very good point.

I guess I am of the mind that once your account is setup up - it just should work and not break.

If there is a network outage... well you're on the Bell-Us network, and between Bell and Telus I have confidence that they would want things fixed fast.

But I hear you..... I could see an event planner go insane without someone to call at 1am for a broken phone line!

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I am the single guy, and as such I fit the current model of 1 plan, 1 account, and frankly, I don't see a need for anything else for me.

Having said that - when I end up with a spouse and possible family, yes, I may want such a family or small business plan, but I could handle the 1:1 ratio.

I don't know if PM will go this way, but it is an interesting idea.

Need Help? Let's chat.