cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Right now plans with province wide calling will allow customers to make in province calls if they travel to another province.  Incoming calls require the purchase of an add-on.  This should be changed to allow incoming calls without purchasing an add-on.  Otherwise, the province wide calling plan is not a viable option for customers who live in a border city, like Lloydminster as an example.  If this represents a major cost/lost revenue, then perhaps offer the option for customers to upgrade existing plans to an "enhanced province wide calling" plan for a nominal fee.

3 Comments
wilts
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Being e new member I naturally assumed that with province wide calling, when traveling to a different province incoming would work fine. If not, that should be added to all plans.

As I call the USA and other provinces, I have my magic jack pared with my phone.  It runs off of data only and would solve your problem if when traveling, you forward the incoming to it (I assume, as I have not tried yet)

Your enhanced idea would work as well.

Wilts

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

people in ottawa/hull have the same issue.

but why not just get canada wide calling instead of the provincial?  or buy the long distance addon (depending how often you cross over)or forward calls to voip like fongo.com when phone is unreachable.

you have to get the plan that suits you the best, each provider has different options.  I think PM has tried to make plans as simple as possible and for the majiority of customers,  I think the more options  there  are the more confusion might arise.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well, the thing is - an incoming call *is* a long distance call for you, when you are out of province.  That's how it mobile long distance works.  It's not like text messages where you can't control if you get charged or not - you just don't have to answer and you won't get charged. If you really need a incoming calls to the point where the occasional add-on doesn't suffice for you when you're out of province, a province-wide calling plan is definitely not for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.