cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does billing time zome not match your area

nutpantz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my billing cycle just cycled and i used up a bunch of data because it was going to reset my usage back to zero for the next month..

now i notice that it put the majority of my usage on my new billing cycle because it counts everything in the eastern time zone and NOT in the pacific time zone where i am..

i feel ripped off.

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nutpantz 

Upon closer examination of due dates in my account I think you are reasonable with your argument. There was a recent fix to the due date in the self serve accounts to be accurate with the date. I now see that previously the due date said to pay before 11:59pm et on 00/00/00. The new date does not have the time only the date so for new customers they are not aware or informed of times are all eastern time zone on public mobile.

As of today your estimated payment is: $0 Your next plan cycle starts: Aug 1, 2020  (Rewards page)

Payment Due Before: Aug 1, 2020  (Overview page)

@nutpantz wrote:

@kb_mv

>Are you also disgusted that you got the same hours back on the front end of the billing cycle?

what? you think you got the time back when you signed up at 5pm and were charged for the day?  did they give you the option of what day to start service? no..

lets just pocket that 1$ from every customer.

but i am not complaining about that. EVERYONE does it, from insurance to phone service..

and yes its still a DIRTY way to get rich..

i am willing to bet if you suspend your service or report your phone stolen you will lose money also because someone other then the company has to..

and everyone who just accepts it and never complains just tells the company it can do anything it wants. and then you have those who defend such actions.

Let's face it, there is no love lost between customers at large and our carriers.  You can make the same argument about rounding calling minutes upwards only rather than to the nearest minute.  At the end of the day, everything they do is governed by rules handed down from the CRTC.  If you feel you that there was some sort violation of the wireless code here, take it up with the CCTS.  They would be more than happy to assist with redressing the situation.  

nutpantz

@kb_mv

>Are you also disgusted that you got the same hours back on the front end of the billing cycle?

what? you think you got the time back when you signed up at 5pm and were charged for the day?  did they give you the option of what day to start service? no..

lets just pocket that 1$ from every customer.

but i am not complaining about that. EVERYONE does it, from insurance to phone service..

and yes its still a DIRTY way to get rich..

i am willing to bet if you suspend your service or report your phone stolen you will lose money also because someone other then the company has to..

and everyone who just accepts it and never complains just tells the company it can do anything it wants. and then you have those who defend such actions.

@kb_mv wrote:

@nutpantz wrote:

@will13am

>I am not sure how anyone is ripped off regardless of which area of the country they live in.

im not sure about you, but i feel ripped off when someone tells me that i have until the the first of the month to use something, then does not bother to say its on the eastern time zone..life only matters in Toronto. so lets remove a few hours with out telling you.

why bother to have you pick your province if it means nothing but a way to set different prices?

i am personally disgusted at such tactics.

@nutpantz Are you also disgusted that you got the same hours back on the front end of the billing cycle? No one is trying to rip you off, no one is trying to systemically screw you even though you don't live in the centre of the universe. We are all in the same boat. Take a moment, be kind, life is too short to have a coronary over this.

The fact that the billing cycles are a revolving thing and that timing such as thing will be consistent is a good point.

I don't really see this as a time zone issue, but rather more of that on the date of new customer activation, that partial day will always count as a full day of servcie. 

@nutpantz wrote:

@will13am

>I am not sure how anyone is ripped off regardless of which area of the country they live in.

im not sure about you, but i feel ripped off when someone tells me that i have until the the first of the month to use something, then does not bother to say its on the eastern time zone..life only matters in Toronto. so lets remove a few hours with out telling you.

why bother to have you pick your province if it means nothing but a way to set different prices?

@nutpantz Are you also disgusted that you got the same hours back on the front end of the billing cycle? No one is trying to rip you off, no one is trying to systemically screw you even though you don't live in the centre of the universe. We are all in the same boat. Take a moment, be kind, life is too short to have a coronary over this.

nutpantz

@will13am

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@nutpantz I think by 10:00 Pacific Time is when the plan is reset. atleast you know for next time...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

My other service providers only provide a date and not a time for payment.  I suspect their billing systems also have a single time datum for taking funds.  @nutpantz , if EST has been chosen as the single datum, I am not sure how anyone is ripped off regardless of which area of the country they live in.  

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile headquarters are in Toronto, so everything is viewed in Eastern time. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@nutpantz everthinigs eastern here. Later.Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.