cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cork99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

who is better

lucky mobile vs public mobile both 4.5 40 dollars same as publice no restrictions 

will13am
Oracle

Re: who is better

There could be biases in this answer.  I would say Public Mobile by a country mile.  No zones vs zones is a major reason for my answer. 

ShawnC13
Oracle

@cork99 wrote:

lucky mobile vs public mobile both 4.5 40 dollars same as publice no restrictions 

Does Lucky Mobile reward you for being a long standing member each year with an additional $1 off per 30 days up to a maximum of 5?  Can you earn community rewards to lower your bill or get $2 off just for setting up an autopayment?  If service is the same look at the bonuses or possibilities of even lowering your monthly price more!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

David01

Lucky mobile has comparible prices, however these competitive plans are strictly zone based. If you live outside a lucky zone, you have to choose from a out of zone plan, which, except for one promo plan, you have to add data and these plans, in my view, arent that good. Public basically matches, if not exceeds the value lucky offers and doesn't restrict you to staying in a zone. Public also has an awesome rewards program where you can save even more on your already great plan. Very happy customer. Hope this helps. 

Tags (1)
dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would say PM is better, and it's not because I'm with PM, just looking at the apple to apple comparables.

1) Lucky is under Bell, and PM is under Telus.  So based on network they pretty much are the same.  So that's a tie I guess.

2) Lucky has zone, provincial, and canada-wide.  PM has provincial and canada-wide.  To me PM is much simpler and straigtht forward.  If you buy a zone plan and don't truly understand it you'll be quite limited, and is even more frustrating when you're in a crucial situation and can't use the service because you're out of your "zone".  So I'd say PM wins on this one.

3) Based on their website, looks like Lucky doesn't offer 4G LTE, only 3G.  PM offers 3G and 4G LTE, so more options at PM if needed.  PM wins again.

4) and most importantly, I don't see any way of reducing your bill with Lucky.  PM has 4 different ways you can reduce your bill, and you can accumulate them all together to possibly reduce your bill to $0. PM wins by a long shot on this one.

Based on the above 4 points, not sure if anyone can truly provide a reason why PM is not better than Lucky Mobile.  Maybe you can make the argument about customer support/service call centre, but that still wouldn't put Lucky Mobile over PM.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I get that the current Lucky promo you are referring to does not (supposively) have any zones. So for now that arguement cannot be made. 

But is there ANY way you can reduce your $40 bill with Lucky. WIth PM all you have to do is register your credit card - boom $2/month savings. And there are 3 other ways you can reduce your bill.

If later on, you do not like this particular promo, what options does Lucky have - are you now back into the zones? PM has a whole bunch of plans, including build your own and they all work nation wide, and your bill credits still apply. You can switch to any in market plan.

Finally PM does have US roaming.  I don't Lucky offers this.

cork99

lucky does not have no zones  on promo  plus save 5 dollars off for 8 months 

David01

As far as I know, other than the $5/mth for 8 months savings, lucky doesn't offer any additional ways to reduce your monthly plan. 

ShawnC13
Oracle

@cork99 wrote:

lucky does not have no zones  on promo  plus save 5 dollars off for 8 months 

What are you saving right now with your loyalty reward  and autopay.  Not sure if you get community rewards but you must be close to $5 a month that is ongoing not just 8 months

Even if you have Loyalty and autopay only that is $3 a month so the first 8 months you save $16 over Lucky.  3 months later that savings is gone.  So within a year you are already behind and that isn't including any community rewards you may earn.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I looked at this too.  The plan at Lucky when I looked did say NO ZONE. Other than losing my access to full LTE on my current plan, getting +500 MB data/month, and gaining Canada-Wide calling, I feel I'm better off here at Public Mobile with the current and future rewards I will be receiving.

Need Help? Let's chat.