cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats up!

dnewf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have been ages since I been in on my acct. I was looking at changing my plan maybe to something better but know I notice all plans are all 3 g only 1 plqan for 1gig and no other things. I have friend last night that wants to go to PM but she alll she sees is 3g plans. Well shes right even though I sent here my referal code. You guys use to to have great plans for lte but no more so whats up with that? I had lte one gig plans right through 5 gig plans over the years i been here.I operate mostly from a cell booster I can attest that lte shines through on a dual band booster of 3g/lte which I own. 

11 REPLIES 11

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Regardless of the lack of LTE options, I still have yet to find any other carriers with better plans.

Customers don't buy things when sellers make those things look like unappealing purchases. 

We all know Public Mobile is a Telus-owned brand, they don't bother to disguise the fact (nor do they bother to invest anything into buikding or advertising or differentiating the PM brand). And it always makes sense for a multibrand company to position each brand subsidiary into niches which generate maximum overall revenue without cannibalizing each other.

So PM won't offer more appeal (like better LTE Plans, for example) than Koodo or Telus offer unless it becomes more established in consumer awareness. So Telus has apparently chosen to discourage then abandon LTE offerings on PM.

I think that's backwards, that it has cost and will continue to cost Telus in terms of customer loyalty. Instead of making the product worthless enough to sweep it out of the store they should've made it a better deal than anything the competition offers, you can't migrate a customer up the "value chain" and increase average revenue per customer after you've discouraged the customer from buying something which is sold cheaper somewhere else.

But hey, anti-competitive anti-consumer Big Three/Four oligopoly. Comfortable (tacit) status quo agreements which are best served by keeping the goodies away from PM (and PM's customers). 

Dylan3

I think its because the plans that are  being bought are mostly 3g plans thats why public mobile got rid of the other plans that arent being bought

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Anonymous I do a few at the end of every cycle before renewal. At a few different locations as well.

Makes sense. Rather than "waste" it, you're gathering your own information on throughput to finish out your data. Then it renews and back to your regular usage.

@Anonymous I do a few at the end of every cycle before renewal. At a few different locations as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dnewf wrote:

Just done a speed test not through a booster right off the bell tower . I have 19mbps down and 7.30 mbps up. I am guess thats LTE not 3 g  Done another test with the phone in 3 g and got 8.14 down and 4.02 up

Doing speed tests can gulp down a lot of data. I suppose everyone will initially out of curiosity but it seems to be a waste of data.

Yup LTE can be higher of course but that sounds like LTE from what I know.

dnewf

Just done a speed test not through a booster right off the bell tower . I have 19mbps down and 7.30 mbps up. I am guess thats LTE not 3 g  Done another test with the phone in 3 g and got 8.14 down and 4.02 up

I should add that in some areas, if you set your phone to 3g only you may see speeds of up to 12 Mbs as I have. But throttled LTE is very consistent.

Also, remember if YOU decide to change your plan or allow your account to go into suspension for more than 90 days, you will lose your LTE plan and have to sign up for 3g as well.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Yes, new users are only eligible to purchase 3g plans, which are actually throttled 3 Mbs lte connections.

They work great for most clients and other carriers like Koodo and Telus offer true LTE plans, so I guess they just decided that 3g is the majority of their market share and decided to focus on that.

Need Help? Let's chat.