cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what would be the best plan for a friend of mine who wants data only

Marie555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi ! 

I read on an earlier post that Public mobile does not offer a data plan only. One of my friend is looking for a 2go data only. What do you think would be the best compromise I can offer him with Public mobile. ( I think he found something interesting with Fizz, but I really want him to be with public mobile hihi) 

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

On a different note, as we approach the end of October heading into November....I think I would study up on existing plans and then just circle the airport for a few weeks watching carefully ...

AE_Collector

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Marie555 wrote:

I read on an earlier post that Public mobile does not offer a data plan only. One of my friend is looking for a 2go data only. What do you think would be the best compromise I can offer him with Public mobile. ( I think he found something interesting with Fizz, but I really want him to be with public mobile hihi) 

Show your friend Pubic Mobile's Plans page. Offer them all. Let your friend make the decision, lol.

You may really want your friend to be with Public Mobile (or rather, you may really want your friend's Referral Reward). But that's not necessarily the best choice for your friend. He'd get a $10 credit. And he'd be with Public Mobile, which is hard to beat. But if he has (or is looking for) a better deal elsewhere then it's not in his best interest to take a worse deal with PM, lol.

@Marie555 

A better value plan would be the $40/4.5gb plan. $5 buys 2gb of peace of mind over the $35/2.5gb plan. If they activate on the second month free promo and they find they only need 2gb or so and would rather save the $5 they can choose to change their plan on next renewal and will still recieve a $40 credit towards their services.

I do not not recommend fido whatsoever but they have very reasonably priced data only plans. Something like 3gb for $15 but read the fine print i dont know what the conditions are for that deal.

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Marie555 

If they are okay with just 2GB of data, then like some of the others suggested, I would go with the $35 plan that comes with 2GB of data at 3G speed plus an additional bonus of 500MB of data if your friend signs up for autopay, and unlimited talk & text. Make sure you give them your referral code so that way you both save a bit more.

Also, there is currently a promotion going on where new customers get the second month free when they activate online. Check out the information in the Announcements section of the Community board. (They will need to submit their email address first before October 26th to see if they are eligible and if they are, they will need to activate on a plan before November 6th.

Marie555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your comments.

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Marie555  Public Mobile will not be a good choice for your friend. There are other companies that offer very competitive data only plans for very cheap. Public Mobile unfortunately cannot compete with those offerings.

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is probably not the best company for a data plan unless your friend is okay with throttled LTE. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The $35 plan offers 2GB.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

You can give them your referral code to give them a $10 credit.  They also reduce their cost with referrals, autopay, and community award.

Need Help? Let's chat.