cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what on earth happened to my Christmas holiday add on for long distance calling?

twlau65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure if some of you remember but last year for Christmas 2019, public mobile was giving away some addons . These were 1 GB internet data and 400 minutes long distance calling.

Can someone please pull out the fine print and send to me because I do not remember that it was a one time use only. I got it around December and each month I had long distance calling and 1 GB extra free data to use. Last two weeks I was still able to make calls to USA. But today when I called within seconds my phone disconnected and I get a text from Public Mobile telling me that I have no more minutes left on my Long distance Add on. Like what?? I thought it was 400 minutes every month. There was nothing on my account or on the fine print when the promotion was happening that this would be temporary and all of a sudden I don't even see this long distance calling available in my monthly plan anymore.

My 1 GB promo is still available so why isn't that removed??

6 REPLIES 6

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Textnow and hangouts give you free calling to USA

Configure your hangouts dialer to use your number for caller id so that people don't ignore you as your calls would be from unknown caller.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65  hi once it was used up it was gone they have 200 min for 8 dollars if you like good for US have a great day

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65 wrote:

Not sure if some of you remember but last year for Christmas 2019, public mobile was giving away some addons . These were 1 GB internet data and 400 minutes long distance calling.

Can someone please pull out the fine print and send to me because I do not remember that it was a one time use only. I got it around December and each month I had long distance calling and 1 GB extra free data to use. Last two weeks I was still able to make calls to USA. But today when I called within seconds my phone disconnected and I get a text from Public Mobile telling me that I have no more minutes left on my Long distance Add on. Like what?? I thought it was 400 minutes every month. There was nothing on my account or on the fine print when the promotion was happening that this would be temporary and all of a sudden I don't even see this long distance calling available in my monthly plan anymore.

My 1 GB promo is still available so why isn't that removed??

The add on would not be a continuous monthly add on. It would have been a one time add on that rolls over every month until you use it up. You probably have not used your 1G up yet so that is why it is still available. 

Edit: Note: you can choose from Data and Long Distance Add-Ons. For our In Canada Add-Ons, any unused data or minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

@twlau65 you used the one time  400 minute free add on gift, but not the 1 gig data one. When you use it, it will disappear too. Stay safe. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65 You used all your 400 promo mins. This gift is not renewing on the next month. When it is fully used, it is gone.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65 Hello that was a one time thing once it was all used up it was gone 

As for your one gig bonus I guess you haven’t used it all yet you can check in your data and add ons and see if it’s still there

Need Help? Let's chat.