cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail

tmann39
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have the 25 dollar plan in canada, but i cannot set up voicemail. when i dial 1 or my cell number it says i don't have a talk plan, therefore no email.the $25 plan includes voicemail, so what can i do now ?

10 REPLIES 10

SpawDogz

Sorry that was the 672 area code using 778 580 4001 voicemail. 

SpawDogz

Did you get this working by being able to hold down the 1 button. Mine comes back wrong IMMI code or something like that. I can dial my own number from it and get it and the 672 area code uses 778 than the 508 4001 voice mail number but like to get it to work on the 1. I know where to change the voicemail settings but it is like the SIM card overrides it and does not allow it to be changed. Has to be able to be reprogrammed and like to know anybody that got htis working. I am on ANDROID. 

@tmann39 wrote:

thanks, finally working now.

Glad you got it working. Occasionally I get the "no long distance" when I dial a number, even a local one. When I try again it works the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Welcome to PM.

tmann39

thanks, it's working now.

tmann39

thanks, finally working now.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tmann39 , there could be an issue with settings in your dialer app.  Try clearing the cache in the app, force close and restart.  You could also try dialing the voice mail number direct instead of via speed dial.  The number is your 1+ area code, 5804001.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tmann39 wrote:

i have the 25 dollar plan in canada, but i cannot set up voicemail. when i dial 1 or my cell number it says i don't have a talk plan, therefore no email.the $25 plan includes voicemail, so what can i do now ?

@tmann39  Are you holding down the 1 key to access your voicemail? Is your account active? When you dial 611 from your device what happens? Try dialing the voicemail number directly area code + 580 -4001

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@tmann39 wrote:

Are you able to make outgoing voicecalls otherwise @tmann39 or do you get the same message?  Is your account active or suspended?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try restaring your phone and try again.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tmann39 wrote:

Try again...several times if you have to. Sometimes that message happens when it shouldn't.

Need Help? Let's chat.