cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using my phone from Toronto to Vancouver

arkadysht
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Currently I use my phone in Toronto 647 and I have long distance add on. If I go to Vancouver bc work?

6 REPLIES 6

@JoyLuck wrote:

@arkadysht wrote:

Currently I use my phone in Toronto 647 and I have long distance add on. If I go to Vancouver bc work?

The long distance add on 500 minutes for $5 will work anywhere in Canada.

She means...the $5 CANADA WIDE MINUTES 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@arkadysht 

My son started with a PM plan in AB over 2 years ago.  He traveled to Montreal, GTA and Vancouver for the last 2 years.  He is staying in Vancouver now using his AB phone number.  He is using a plan with unlimited Canada wide minutes.  Everything works no matter where he goes in Canada.

If you have a plan with provincial minutes only, PM minutes add-ons are Canada wise long distance minutes.  You should have no problem using your phone in Vancouver and any where in Canada.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@arkadysht , unless you have a legacy plan with province wide calling only, traveling around Canada has zero impact on the calling feature.  If you are on the province wide calling plan, the province that you make the call in becomes the "home" province.  

@arkadysht wrote:

The city of your phone number doesn't make a difference. While there is the question of whether your plan includes provincial of nation-wide calling, that only comes into play for outgoing calls. The fact that your phone number is from Toronto makes no difference. Any outgoing call that you make while there is going from Vancouver to whichever city that you are calling. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@arkadysht wrote:

The long distance add on 500 minutes for $5 will work anywhere in Canada.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@arkadysht wrote:

@arkadysht   If you're on one of the current plans or have LD add-on then you're good with calls anywhere in Canada whilst in Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.