cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using data way too fast....

d_hawkes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm 5 days into the new month and already at 75% of data.  This happened last month too, and I've only been with public mobile these 2 months.  My previous carrier I rarely went up to even 3GB per month and now I'm using over 3 in the first 5 days?  I'm looking at useage and it doesn't make sense. I have my data turned off except for wifi (which I never ever had to do with previous carrier) and still .... what is happening?  I have an iphone.  Thank you for your help.

7 REPLIES 7

d_hawkes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did change the settings for imessage. It's weird because with my previous carrier I never got even close to 3gb each month. I haven't changed any habits for my use and yet with PM I'm at nearly 5gb in 5 days?  If this keeps up I'll have to switch back. For 2 months now I've had to turn my data off for nearly the full month.  Frustrating.  Thanks for the advice.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check to see which apps consume the most data and delete the ones that really aren't used much or needed. Have useful apps update themselves only on Wifi.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Do you have wifi data assist on?

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

First thing to do is discover which apps are burning through your data.

Settings > Cellular or Settings > Mobile Data

and scroll down the list.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@d_hawkes wrote:

I'm 5 days into the new month and already at 75% of data.  This happened last month too, and I've only been with public mobile these 2 months.  My previous carrier I rarely went up to even 3GB per month and now I'm using over 3 in the first 5 days?  I'm looking at useage and it doesn't make sense. I have my data turned off except for wifi (which I never ever had to do with previous carrier) and still .... what is happening?  I have an iphone.  Thank you for your help.

Review this

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@d_hawkes wrote:

@d_hawkes If you use iMessage a lot, it can be the reason. You need to change its settings to use SMS rather than data.

Need Help? Let's chat.