cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

used 6gb of data in 3 days

ross86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone, any suggetsions as to how this happened? I work from home and am on wifi 90% of the time. Except for the last term, I have never gone over my data useage before, it lasts 3 months. (2.5 for the last term). 

11 REPLIES 11

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There was some network issues last week which could be the reason you couldn't make calls

matbasm

@ross86, If you are on a 3G plan and it didn't reset properly (as @mimmo mentioned), you need to contact the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  They will be back on-line at 9AM(EST)

Click here to send the moderators team a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

ross86

I'm not too sure to check history useage on iphone... adding up all the data my apps use? it's nowhere near 6gb. maybe a couple hundred...

ross86

I thought that's maybe what happened, it didnt' reset properly, as I wasn't able to make phone calls the first few days either, maybe there was some other problem. I think i'm on a 3 month unlimited canada wide talk and text, and 6gb of data, but when I go to "my plan details" it says "Generic Error", so can't confirm. I have logged in and out a few times... 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ross86 but what does yor usage history in your phone say?  that will give us a clue.

also what plan are you on?  if its a 3g plan it might be the case that your data addon did not reset properly.

ross86

It was renewed April 25... 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

both android and iphones have the ability to show data history that would be the best place to start.

when your data runs out your options are to buy an addon $30/1gb or ask mods to renew your plan early or go with out data.  which choice you go with depends how much time is left in your plan and what plan you have.  often  renewing early is the most $/gb of data.

ross86

possibly, but i am always on low-battery mode which turns off background app refresh 

ross86

wi-fi assist is turned off (iphone 6s)

matbasm

@ross86, some phones have features to 'boost' the data transfer if the wifi signal is not good, by using your mobile data/  Any chance you have that type of feature enabled?

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

all kinds of things could have happened... likely culprint is that wi-fi went down and if you had mobile data still enabled.... voila....

if you know for sure mobile data was disabled... fresh out of ideas, sorry

you might go look at your data usage history to see what app used it up on you as a start

Need Help? Let's chat.