cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use PM in Canada normally while using US addon?

canadave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just to confirm--if I purchase a USA Talk/Text/Data addon for $20 for 10 days, I can still use my phone with PM normally in Canada until I get to the States, correct?

i.e. if I buy the USA addon today, and don't go to the USA for another two days, I can still use my phone normally in Canada for those two days, correct?

4 REPLIES 4

@computergeek541 I thought it was both, thanks Smiley Happy

@Alex888 wrote:
Just so you are aware, you may still have a problem where, when the US add-on runs out, your phone may not work in Canada for 24 hours.

To my knowledge, this only affects text messaging.  Mary ackowledged this problem in another thread:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-Not-receiving-text-messages-after-US...

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Just so you are aware, you may still have a problem where, when the US add-on runs out, your phone may not work in Canada for 24 hours.

@canadave wrote:

Just to confirm--if I purchase a USA Talk/Text/Data addon for $20 for 10 days, I can still use my phone with PM normally in Canada until I get to the States, correct?

i.e. if I buy the USA addon today, and don't go to the USA for another two days, I can still use my phone normally in Canada for those two days, correct?

Yes, you can keep using your phone in Canada, the amount of usage dependent on your price plan.  Remember that the clock starts ticking on your add-on immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.