cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage doesnt match up???

lynn9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am confused with regards to my usage.  On the self serve usage history page it shows a detailed listing each day of my usage.  From the last top up to today approx.  24 days it is showing about 90mb data usage.  But on the data and add on usage page it is showing limit of 200mb, and data used as 179.88.    I have the 10$ talk plan with the $10 add on of 200mb of data for 30 days.   Confused as to why the data usage doesnt equal.  Thanks Lynn 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lynn9 wrote:

so if I understand what you are saying, on my plan renewal date of Feb 21 I will only be charged the $10 but not an automatic $10 for the data until I need it? I guess then I would just be better to buy a bunch of data as an add on and have it on my account if it rolls over to the next month etc anyway.   But this still does not make sense to me as to why the data is not matching.  I appreciate you trying to clarify.  I will just keep an eye out and see what happens. 

Correct on the only $10.

The data here is said to be expensive but I haven't examined them all. But if you barely use it then it can hang around until you finally use it all.

@lynn9 wrote:

so if I understand what you are saying, on my plan renewal date of Feb 21 I will only be charged the $10 but not an automatic $10 for the data until I need it? I guess then I would just be better to buy a bunch of data as an add on and have it on my account if it rolls over to the next month etc anyway.   But this still does not make sense to me as to why the data is not matching.  I appreciate you trying to clarify.  I will just keep an eye out and see what happens. 

Correct. However, buying add-ons might get expensive if your usage increases. 

If you are using an iPhone, make sure you have WiFi assist disabled because that sometimes uses up data when WiFi signal is weak. 

lynn9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lynn9 wrote:

I guess I will just wait until next month as it is not making sense to me.  I changed plans on Jan 23 and paid 10$ + $10 (for the talk and 200mb). before that I was on the 35$ a month plan and it seemed like I wasnt using much (I am rarely on my phone) but now it seems like I am using so much more.  

thanks anyway. 

I'm not sure you're understanding the term add-on. You have a base plan of $10. You then also have an add-on of 200mb data. Your plan needs to be paid each 30 days. You only buy an add-on once. Then you use it up over time that has no bearing to your plan.

Anyway...add another day and count it all up again. Maybe some stuff got downloaded on the day you started the add-on.

lynn9

I guess I will just wait until next month as it is not making sense to me.  I changed plans on Jan 23 and paid 10$ + $10 (for the talk and 200mb). before that I was on the 35$ a month plan and it seemed like I wasnt using much (I am rarely on my phone) but now it seems like I am using so much more.  

thanks anyway. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@lynn9 wrote:

I am confused with regards to my usage.  On the self serve usage history page it shows a detailed listing each day of my usage.  From the last top up to today approx.  24 days it is showing about 90mb data usage.  But on the data and add on usage page it is showing limit of 200mb, and data used as 179.88.    I have the 10$ talk plan with the $10 add on of 200mb of data for 30 days.   Confused as to why the data usage doesnt equal.  Thanks Lynn 

As already stated the data addon never expires until fully consumed.  Can you look at your payment page and see what you were charged on your last renewal?  It was probably only the plan and you wouldn't have needed to pay for more data.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lynn9 wrote:

Go back to the day you bought the add-on and you might find they match. The add-on timing has no bearing on your plan timing.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@lynn9 The 200 mb data is an add-on that never expires until you fully use it up. So the usage you see is from the time you got the add-on until now. Best is to compare your usage with what your phone shows it used. If the data usage shown in the phone settings is not accurate, there are many apps available that can track your data usage. 

Need Help? Let's chat.