cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

us text

grewen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can some on tell me why, when i apply for the $8 for 10 days of texting in the US, they want to put $25 on my credit card?

9 REPLIES 9

@grewen wrote:

i'm on $25 for 30 days and they bill be monthly, so no my account is not due. they keep trying to bill me $25 dollars and don't offer the $8 for texting only

@grewen  Did you try adding the add-on by with dialling 611 or 1-855-478-2542  from your phone?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@grewen wrote:

i'm on $25 for 30 days and they bill be monthly, so no my account is not due. they keep trying to bill me $25 dollars and don't offer the $8 for texting only

If you want to buy the US roaming texting, just log into your account and add the necessary funds  and then select the add-on you need.  Remember US roaming has a 10 day expiry and the day of purchase is considered day one, so best to buy either just before leaving or on the day of your travel.

You only get billed every 30 days for your regular plan.

grewen

grewen

wish it was that easy, just doesn't that well once you are down here, i will be looking for a different in the US

grewen

yes i know and if i had wifi i wouldn't be needing telus,

Riettarose

If your account is paid and you're just adding the $8 add on, you should contact the moderator, they should be able to help. 

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

First, add money in your account.
Second, add the US option.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@grewenPlease making sure you are buying the "Add-on" not a ready-made plan. The $8 texting for 10 days is for you traveling in the States only. If you want to text to US in Canada, you can use your current plan. 

Another option is FREE if you download a free calling and texting app in your smart phone. I have used TextNow for more than 5 years. As long as you have internet access, you can text any number in North Amercia for free. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@grewen Hi what plan are you on? is your plan due?

Need Help? Let's chat.