cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

urgent, calling and text in Poland

tmbwla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan includes unlimited international texts and 400 min international calls, yet I am unable to connect to any network in Poland even though Poland is in the list of international countries. It's very urgent as I need to connect to my banking and I cannot do it without receiving an sms from my bank. Please help asap. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@tmbwla 

Download TextNow app and get yourself alternative Canadian number (for free) then call your bank and add that number to your contact list and ask them to contact you at that number during the period you are there.

I'm not sure if you will be able to get the app in Poland though, you may have to use vpn. I know someone who couldn't download it in Germany but was lucky to be close to Switzerland where it worked.

Good luck

PS in the future you will be able to set forwarding to your allternative number just before you leave Canada, even if you are on$15 plan

@tmbwla I read this as you are in Poland. Public Mobile does not work outside of Canada and the USA (if you buy roaming add on). The long distance minutes to Poland only work if you are in Canada calling to Poland.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Publicmobile doesn't have roaming on Poland, you won't be able to do that

@tmbwla  Are you in Poland or Canada? If you are in Poland your PM sim card will not work. As mentioned you need to purchase a local prepaid SIM card.

International minutes are only valid when calling from Canada.

@tmbwla wrote:

It could be via a phone call, doesn't need to be a text message.

@tmbwla 

You don't need to even have long distance add on to receive any phone calls from anywhere in the world.  If you can't receive phone calls from Poland, it should be a problem at the bank's end.  Is the bank calling the right number correctly?

tmbwla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It could be via a phone call, doesn't need to be a text message.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tmbwla 

You should be able to call Poland with the long distance add on.  However, you probably will have a hard time getting short code text messages from Poland.  Public mobile is only able to receive short code texts from Canada companies.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi...

Looks like that you are presently in Poland.  Unfortunately, PM does not work in other countries except USA and Canada.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmbwla wrote:

My plan includes unlimited international texts and 400 min international calls, yet I am unable to connect to any network in Poland even though Poland is in the list of international countries. It's very urgent as I need to connect to my banking and I cannot do it without receiving an sms from my bank. Please help asap. Thanks.

Public Mobile services only work while in Canada. Roaming options only in the states. You will need to set up either a voip app or get a SIM from a local service.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

SMS from overseas banks are problematic. Your best option is to call them and ask for an alternative to text authorization. 

Need Help? Let's chat.