cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited talk Ca wide but cannot call out. Y?? :(

Tommy84
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. I have the above mentioned on my plan but when I make a call it says I dont have long distance on my plan and have to add it on. I cant even call the pizza place in my suburb..

Please help me understand why..

Tommy

14 REPLIES 14

@saira01 wrote:

hey, thank you for your help. My add-on is working now. I never knew it was a two step process and now my issue is resolved. 

The 2 step process is silly. Why not make it so it pays and buys at the same time?

saira01

hey, thank you for your help. My add-on is working now. I never knew it was a two step process and now my issue is resolved. 

@saira01 wrote:

i purchased an add-on for $5 which offers 500 minutes canada wide talk about a week back. My online account does show a balance of $5 on top but i am unable to make any phone calls. At the moment i am on a basic plan of $10 a month and need some additional minutes for atleast my incoming calls. 

It's a 2 step process to get that add-on. First you load the funds...now go back and actually buy the $5/500minute add-on. Let us know when you do so.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@saira01 if it shows a balance of 5$ it means you didn't buy the add on, you just put 5$ on the account.  Go in buy add ons and purchase the 5$ 500 minute add on 

Tommy84

All good, crisis averted, MOD activated the plan for me. Thanks all

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@saira01 wrote:

i purchased an add-on for $5 which offers 500 minutes canada wide talk about a week back. My online account does show a balance of $5 on top but i am unable to make any phone calls. At the moment i am on a basic plan of $10 a month and need some additional minutes for atleast my incoming calls. 

@saira01 if your account shows a balance of $5 in available funds, you didn't actually purchase the add-on.  It's a confusing two-step process, only the first of which you completed.  Please see here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

saira01

@Tommy84 wrote:

ok Ill look into that and let you know

Make sure your money was not taken and that will likely tell you that you changed your plan at next renewal.

Tommy84

ok Ill look into that and let you know

Just to elaborate on @missorange s post, if you were on a $10 or 15 plan and ran out of minutes and you have switched to a $25 unlimited plan and chose at next renewal, I believe you can still go back into self serve, switch your plan again and ask for it to activate immediately. 

mixdali
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got this once there was not enough minutes in my account and I had to add on. This can also happen if you do not have autopay and miss the deadline to pay for the plan.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

did you change this plan in a future date? if yes, you need to wait for your next cycle for the unlimited phone service. As if you have $10 or $15 plan, you may run out the mins, and you can purchase the add on for $5 - 500 mins.

Tommy84

Hi there, yes I have done that, it is all happened because I changed my plan to the $25 one but I still have the CA wide talk etc.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

are your plan is active and unlimited as mentioned? you can log into the self serve page to double confirm.

Need Help? Let's chat.